IGNORED

Edladdin CV Controller arrived!

ZillaRUSH

Finally recvd my Edladdin Controller for CV!!! Thanks Ed....it is amazing!!! Wonderful playing games with a joystick/arcade buttons... Light Grid Racing (much easier now), Lock N Chase, Super Zaxxon, Galaga, Wizard of Wor, Moon Patrol, etc.... Even played Burgertime last nite....recorded my highest score yet....due to the controller. My system is now complete.....Edladdin + F18 + SGM = CV Rocks!

I must say as a big Intellivision fan, its tough to compete with this CV. Battle of Hoth and Pitfall II due in soon...cannot wait!

• 3 months later...

I was really hoping to order the Super CV controller but as I wasn't a Kickstarter backer (Missed it. CollectorVision Phoenix is my first Kickstarter) with the special code needed, I couldn't. There's been a note on edladdin.com about a 3-6 month wait list and for anyone without an access code to wait until the note goes before ordering. That note seems to have been there for a long time and doesn't count down. It's kind of like one of those "back in 15 minutes" type signs where you wonder, was it put there 15 minutes ago and they could be back any second or did I just miss them and will have to wait the full 15 minutes or somewhere in between? I have no idea. I contacted edladdin 2 or 3 times with questions. The last time was about a month ago but no response to any of them. Anybody who got one know where abouts they were on the waitlist and have any idea when non Kickstarter backers might be able to order one? Anyone who wasn't a Kickstarter backer managed to order one? Anyone contacted him recently with similar questions and got a response?

I was really hoping to order the Super CV controller but as I wasn't a Kickstarter backer (Missed it. CollectorVision Phoenix is my first Kickstarter) with the special code needed, I couldn't. There's been a note on edladdin.com about a 3-6 month wait list and for anyone without an access code to wait until the note goes before ordering. That note seems to have been there for a long time and doesn't count down. It's kind of like one of those "back in 15 minutes" type signs where you wonder, was it put there 15 minutes ago and they could be back any second or did I just miss them and will have to wait the full 15 minutes or somewhere in between? I have no idea. I contacted edladdin 2 or 3 times with questions. The last time was about a month ago but no response to any of them. Anybody who got one know where abouts they were on the waitlist and have any idea when non Kickstarter backers might be able to order one? Anyone who wasn't a Kickstarter backer managed to order one? Anyone contacted him recently with similar questions and got a response?

I've tried to PM him here on AtariAge as well but never got a response so you are not alone.

I've tried to PM him here on AtariAge as well but never got a response so you are not alone.

It's more than a little frustrating. I have 3 Coleco controllers and none of them work properly. I currently have an Atari 2600 controller in port 1 and a Colecovision controller in port 2 for game selection. It works a treat for many games but not for any that require keypad buttons in game. I can't select a floor in the elevator level(s) on Miner 2049er for example. Nor does Frogger work for some reason. I get no little frog on screen so kind of impossible to play. I don't want to get another crummy Coleco controller. I want the best possible controller I can get, which is the Edladdin but it looks like I have to wait. And wait and wait.

I just picked up a NEVER used, not once, mint Coleco ADAM still in the box. DDP's still shrink wrapped.

Point is that I will use an emulator before I will boot that sucker up.

That said, if you are going to have some custom joystick setup then why spend all that money when you can build a simple interface that plugs into USB and use it on an emulator. Use a joystick from HAPP controllers or wherever and a keypad to start the game or better yet just some XBox controller.

If you are going to play on an original system then wouldn't be part of the experience to use an original controller?

I just picked up a NEVER used, not once, mint Coleco ADAM still in the box. DDP's still shrink wrapped.

Point is that I will use an emulator before I will boot that sucker up.

That said, if you are going to have some custom joystick setup then why spend all that money when you can build a simple interface that plugs into USB and use it on an emulator. Use a joystick from HAPP controllers or wherever and a keypad to start the game or better yet just some XBox controller.

If you are going to play on an original system then wouldn't be part of the experience to use an original controller?

Thanks for your "advice" but it wasn't very helpful. Your response seems to be that typical black and white view that you either retro game as cheaply and conveniently as possible through things like emulation or do it the rigid, 100% authentic way. Well as with everything in the world, some gamers individual preferences don't lie at either extreme but somewhere in between. We all have ways of customizing our own gaming experiences to suit our unique preferences as individuals. I know many black and white thinkers who fall into clichéd categories have a hard time understanding that but they should at least accept it.