IGNORED

UNOCart in an ATARI case with custom label. (pictures)

NISMOPC

commander gave me the idea for this finishing touch on my UnoCart with his THE!CART label designs found here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215811-thecart-new-128mb-flash-cartridge/page-35

I'm no pro, have no special software or templates and decided to try my hand at making a custom label using Microsoft Word 2010. Started with downloading the most accurate fonts and installing them. I then created a custom 2.0625" x 2.125" size template and went to work.

Just printed it on standard printer paper using my HP OfficeJet 3833 inkjet printer, cutting it out with a paper trimmer/cutter and using a few strips of double sided 3M scotch tape. It's not perfect, but d@mn is it sexy and the best part is the LED status lights still show thru perfectly as if it was meant to be there.

Honestly, just did it to see if I could and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the outcome.

post-61269-0-31245700-1530052943_thumb.jpg

post-61269-0-62538600-1530052962_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice touch!!

Would you be willing to upload your label?

Thanks

AA does not allow *.docx extensions and I am not sure what file extension I could save it under that is permissable. PM your email and I can send to you. Thanks

Let me know if this works! Also, as stated before, I did this just to see if I can. Hope it works for you.

You'll probably need to install the following fonts as well or it will not show properly. (Included in zip file)

Salzburg-Bold (Cartridge Title Font)
Salzburg-Regular (Cartridge Information Font)

Hammer Fat (ATARI font)

ATARI 8-Bit Labels.zip

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the inspiration. I finally got a pacman cartridge and put my UnoCart inside. I also moved the reset button to the side so it doesn't goes thru the label.

Now I need to get access to a color printer to produce a decent label.

Nice touch with the button relocation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, many thanks. I really wouldn't done this project if you weren't shown us it was possible.

UnoCart is just amazing, the only thing IF you have to say something to improve it, it would be the cartridge enclosure.

Now I believe is P E R F E C T.

BTW, I printed in color laser at a local library. The grey letters are a little to white, and the ATARI botton part is a little to orange, but even original cartridges are quite different between them, so I am OK.

post-49742-0-53149600-1534122410_thumb.jpg

Edited by manterola
  • Like 4