IGNORED

Okay, so who wants to write a CV emulator for this? Portable ColecoVision?

LoTonah

Just saw a Youtube video for this, thought it looked pretty awesome. Since it can run Sega Master System games, I see no reason that a ColecoVision emulator couldn't be implemented.

Finally, a cheap portable ColecoVision!

The ODROID-GO...

https://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G152875062626

https://www.amazon.com/ODROID-GO-source-console-No-Operating-System/dp/B07FFZVWMC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1529551564&sr=8-1&keywords=odroid+go&linkCode=sl1&tag=e074d-20&linkId=f78aad9b23f1d06c7947d56fe11e0760

There's a flavor of Recalbox for Odroid, and the system is supposed to be more powerful than the Raspberry Pi. HOWEVER, I don't know what the specs are on the Odroid Go. They could be a lot lower, like the Pi Zero. Furthermore, it may not even be compatible with other Odroid systems...

Still, this is interesting. (Needs more action buttons.)

Not sure how the keypad would be emulated, but everything else looks good.

You can use the row of 4 small buttons at the top this way:

- First (left-most) button is a "shift" key.

- Second button is the (*) key

- Third button is the (0) key

- Fourth button is the (#) key

- First + second button = (1) key

- First + third button = (2) key

- First + fourth button = (3) key

Not a perfect solution, but it would let you play most ColecoVision games. :)

Colem for the PSP brings up a keypad when you press a button. That'd be the best way to handle this.

By the way, the ODroid Go has some pretty shabby specs. It's got two processors (two cores? Not sure) that run from 80MHz to 240MHz, along with a 320x240 screen. There's a reason it's only running games for 8-bit systems... it might not be able to handle much more than that. A Raspberry Pi Zero and Flavor's Freeplay might be a better way to go if you want a system with a little more heft (and compatibility).

Colem for the PSP brings up a keypad when you press a button. That'd be the best way to handle this.

By the way, the ODroid Go has some pretty shabby specs. It's got two processors (two cores? Not sure) that run from 80MHz to 240MHz, along with a 320x240 screen. There's a reason it's only running games for 8-bit systems... it might not be able to handle much more than that. A Raspberry Pi Zero and Flavor's Freeplay might be a better way to go if you want a system with a little more heft (and compatibility).

Not really concerned about the power, I like the price. $32 plus an SD card gets you a NES/GameBoy/Sega Master System/Sega Gamegear and the ability to play all the ROM's you want. More than powerful enough for a ColecoVision, considering the SMS is basically a CV with improved video.

Just saw a Youtube video for this, thought it looked pretty awesome. Since it can run Sega Master System games, I see no reason that a ColecoVision emulator couldn't be implemented.

Finally, a cheap portable ColecoVision!

The ODROID-GO...

https://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G152875062626

https://www.amazon.com/ODROID-GO-source-console-No-Operating-System/dp/B07FFZVWMC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1529551564&sr=8-1&keywords=odroid+go&linkCode=sl1&tag=e074d-20&linkId=f78aad9b23f1d06c7947d56fe11e0760

how complicated it could be to mod the colem android code to work on it... you should ask Marat Fayzulli if he is willing to do it

Wait... No headphone jack? Sorry, that's a deal-breaker right there.

Not that I actually wanted to purchase this device, but now I see a definite reason not to. :)

Geez, didn't even notice that! Not a deal-breaker for me, fortunately.