Note: I couldn't figure out how to change the title of an existing topic, so sorry for starting a *third* topic on basically the same homebrew game...
Anyway, I'll be using this topic to keep you posted about new releases of... Amoeba Jump - I promise this will be the final name :-)
I already got a lot of useful feedback in the old topics and on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream, but please continue to give me feedback on any bugs and/or suggestions.
- amoeba_jump_NTSC.bin 4KB 19 downloads - NTSC version
- amoeba_jump_PAL50.bin 4KB 5 downloads - PAL 50Hz version
- amoeba_jump_PAL60.bin 4KB 10 downloads - PAL 60Hz version
- [new] 07/11/2018 - Moved the "press fire" message *below* the playfield to better support older versions of Stella (like 3.7.5, which is used in the Retron 77)
- 07/10/2018 - After amoeba dies, the message "press fire" appears above the score bar
- 07/05/2018 - Added a PAL 60Hz version
- 07/04/2018 - As requested, an extra challenge: screens with all white or blue platforms!
- 07/02/2018 - Blue platforms now move independently from each other
- 06/29/2018 - Springs are no longer guaranteed on each screen but now appear randomly, which improves the game-play and makes "combo spring-jumps" more special. But don't worry speedrunners: 2- or 3-combo jumps are still possible now and then
- 06/26/2018 - Renamed game to "Amoeba Jump" and updated the graphics and animation
- Yellow - these are the basic, stable platforms
- White - these are instable platforms that disappear after you bounce off them once
- Blue - these platforms are harder to hit because they move back and forth horizontally
Things you can expect in future releases
- Different objects that will give you a boost
- Visual indication of a highscore
- Some sort of "stage" indication (e.g. background color change)
- Stages with all white or blue platforms
- Blue platforms that move independently from each other
- Objects that you should avoid / not touch
Recorded livestream of the first build of Amoeba Jump on ZeroPage Homebrew stream:
Edited by Dionoid, Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:14 AM.