Note: I couldn't figure out how to change the title of an existing topic, so sorry for starting a *third* topic on basically the same homebrew game...
Anyway, I'll be using this topic to keep you posted about new releases of... Amoeba Jump - I promise this will be the final name :-)
I already got a lot of useful feedback in the old topics and on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch stream, but please continue to give me feedback on any bugs and/or suggestions.
- Amoeba Jump v1.3 NTSC.bin 4KB 26 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.3 (release candidate #3) - NTSC version
- Amoeba Jump v1.3 PAL.bin 4KB 5 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.3 (release candidate #3) - PAL60 version
- Amoeba Jump v1.2 NTSC.bin 4KB 83 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.2 (release candidate #2) - NTSC version
- Amoeba Jump v1.2 PAL.bin 4KB 19 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.2 (release candidate #2) - PAL60 version
- Amoeba Jump v1.1 NTSC.bin 4KB 34 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.1 (release candidate) - NTSC version
- Amoeba Jump v1.1 PAL.bin 4KB 12 downloads Amoeba Jump v1.1 (release candidate) - PAL60 version
- Amoeba Jump v0.1.bin 4KB 68 downloads Amoeba Jump v 0.1
- amoeba_jump_NTSC.bin 4KB 74 downloads - NTSC version
- amoeba_jump_PAL50.bin 4KB 33 downloads - PAL 50Hz version
- amoeba_jump_PAL60.bin 4KB 44 downloads - PAL 60Hz version
[v1.3] Title music is now playing a tad louder (sound level conform other homebrews)
[v1.2] Returns to the title screen if the game has ended and left idle for more than 21 seconds
[v1.2] When a new game starts and the joystick isn't moved yet, the score bar shows the score and high-score alternating.
Note: saving your high-score on SaveKey/AtariVox is only supported in the cart version.
[v1.1] Changed the acceleration curve for the amoeba a tiny bit so it feels close to the original controls, without being "too sensitive". And in the NTSC-version the red springs are now slightly darker red.
[v1.0] Added a title screen with music, where the Amoeba is bouncing on the big "AMOEBA JUMP" title.
[v1.0] The grey springs have been replaced by red and green spring-buttons, which I think look better on the screen. The red spring-buttons give you the normal boost, while the green ones boost you even higher!
[v1.0] Jumping from spring to spring (i.e. a "spring run") will give you extra bonus points and you will hear a higher-pitched sound effect.
[v1.0] When your score gets beyond 1000 points, little oval-shaped bacteria start appearing on the platforms, which can be eaten by the amoeba. Each bacteria holds one of the six letters from the word A-M-O-E-B-A. Collect all six and the single next time you jump on a spring, you will get a super long boost.While doing this super boost, the amoeba will show all kind of rainbow-colors, which is done by using code-bytes as colors (just as in Yars' Revenge)
[v1.0] I did some (minimal) changes on the controls to give you more precision. You can now move the amoeba just a tiny bit my moving the joystick left/right briefly. On the long jumps, the deceleration is stronger when you stop moving the joystick, hopefully resulting in a better precision.Also, moving in the opposite direction while in mid-air works much better now, which makes it easier when you’re stressing to find a good landing spot for your amoeba.
[v1.0] The all-white and all-blue screens are now half the size, which makes it a bit more doable - or less brutal :-)
- [v0.1] Unified NTSC/PAL version. Use the 'TV TYPE' switch to choose between NTSC colors (=switch set to 'COLOR') or PAL colors (=switch set to 'BW').
Both versions run at 60Hz now; 50Hz PAL is no longer supported, as most PAL CRT TVs support 60Hz.
- 07/11/2018 - Moved the "press fire" message *below* the playfield to better support older versions of Stella (like 3.7.5, which is used in the Retron 77)
- 07/10/2018 - After amoeba dies, the message "press fire" appears above the score bar
- 07/05/2018 - Added a PAL 60Hz version
- 07/04/2018 - As requested, an extra challenge: screens with all white or blue platforms!
- 07/02/2018 - Blue platforms now move independently from each other
- 06/29/2018 - Springs are no longer guaranteed on each screen but now appear randomly, which improves the game-play and makes "combo spring-jumps" more special. But don't worry speedrunners: 2- or 3-combo jumps are still possible now and then
- 06/26/2018 - Renamed game to "Amoeba Jump" and updated the graphics and animation
- Yellow - these are the basic, stable platforms
- White - these are unstable platforms that disappear after you bounce off them once
- Blue - these platforms are harder to hit because they move back and forth horizontally
Jumping on a red or green spring-button will give you a short boost and some bonus points, but best of all: it makes the little amoeba rejoice!
- Recorded livestream showing the latest build of Amoeba Jump on ZeroPage Homebrew stream:
Edited by Dionoid, Mon Nov 5, 2018 5:08 AM.