IGNORED

400/800 Commercial Memory Upgrades

MrFish

Don't forget about this!

I have a 400 with this version, but I prefer the Mosaic upgrade that give access to all 64k via bank switching.

Mosaic 64K: https://www.atariarchives.org/creativeatari/The_Mosaic_64K_RAM_Card.php

The closest I have seen is tf_hh's 48/52KB card(non-commercial), it doesn't include the Mosaic's bank switching circuitry but it does include a socket for an alternate OS. The good news is this upgrade is still available by contacting tf_hh.

"tf_hh's" 48/52KB card: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267042-new-hardware-atari-400-ram-card-4852-kb-external-os-rom/

I have a 400 with this version, but I prefer the Mosaic upgrade that give access to all 64k via bank switching.

Mosaic 64K: https://www.atariarchives.org/creativeatari/The_Mosaic_64K_RAM_Card.php

The closest I have seen is tf_hh's 48/52KB card(non-commercial), it doesn't include the Mosaic's bank switching circuitry but it does include a socket for an alternate OS. The good news is this upgrade is still available by contacting tf_hh.

"tf_hh's" 48/52KB card: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267042-new-hardware-atari-400-ram-card-4852-kb-external-os-rom/

True, but initial post was looking for all commercial upgrade. I was just adding to the list for his website. Hope it helps

True, but initial post was looking for all commercial upgrade. I was just adding to the list for his website. Hope it helps

Yes, I'm interested in photos for any of them. I appreciate the pictures. It's good to have pictures of the

boards (both sides if possible) and straight-on photos or scans of the packaging.

As Allan said, the manual has already been scanned. So we have that part of the package.

• 2 months later...

Karl,

Hey! You just solved a mystery for me as I have one of those and without any markings I've never been able to find any info on it. You are the only person I know who has one as well. Could you possibly scan the pages and post them? I would like to be able to print them out to put with the board.

Thanks!

• Like 3

Karl,

Hey! You just solved a mystery for me as I have one of those and without any markings I've never been able to find any info on it. You are the only person I know who has one as well. Could you possibly scan the pages and post them? I would like to be able to print them out to put with the board.

Thanks!

This prints well. Let me know if you need better. This is 600x600 DPI B/W.

anderson02032019.pdf

• Like 5

Magna Systems, these were done by a guy out of Brooklyn, NY. Bought this new at the time. I have to try and locate the manual for it. Its an Axlon compatible 16/256k board. It was supposed to go into slot #3, but there was a way to mod slot #2 and place it there which is what I did, because I have a FullView 80 BIT -3 card in Slot #3.

post-23-0-55232900-1551574206_thumb.png

1. post-23-0-29051700-1551574224_thumb.png
  • Like 6

Magna Systems, these were done by a guy out of Brooklyn, NY. Bought this new at the time. I have to try and locate the manual for it. Its an Axlon compatible 16/256k board. It was supposed to go into slot #3, but there was a way to mod slot #2 and place it there which is what I did, because I have a FullView 80 BIT -3 card in Slot #3.

attachicon.gifRamCharger 256k-Front.png

Thanks! Nice to see all these different boards that people have.

According to the FAQ, it looks like Magna Systems made 512 KB and 1 MB modules too (no surprise with all those unpopulated spots).

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

Thanks! Nice to see all these different boards that people have.

According to the FAQ, it looks like Magna Systems made 512 KB and 1 MB modules too.

I don't know about the 512K, but at the time I think his name was Joe, was offering just the 256k and the 1mb. I could'nt afford the 1mb version but the 256k was in my budget and its been a great board. It shipped with MyDos 4.53/R and had the ramdisk support for the board and worked like a charm. I had modified my Carnival BBS and used Basic XL and kept big chunks of code in ram disk and would use the Delete and Enter commands and would delete out chunks of code and enter in the next chunk needed by the user and this allowed me to code way past the 37k limit in basic xl and I was able to code a much bigger and more complex BBS system.

Speaking of 512K board, this is a Bob Hays 512k board. He's not responding to emails anymore and his site looks like it hasn't been updated in a long time so I don't know if he's around anymore or not.

I'm also doing a similar project to yours but doing all boards for the 800 system, so I've been scanning in memory, OS, video, hard drive, parallel/serial boards for the 800 expansion slots and its all part of a completely new 400/800 area on Atarimuseum that I'm hoping to have done by end of March.

post-23-0-37883500-1551578581_thumb.png

post-23-0-22803600-1551578599_thumb.png

Bobhayes-512K RAMCard.doc

• Like 2

Speaking of 512K board, this is a Bob Hays 512k board. He's not responding to emails anymore and his site looks like it hasn't been updated in a long time so I don't know if he's around anymore or not.

I'm also doing a similar project to yours but doing all boards for the 800 system, so I've been scanning in memory, OS, video, hard drive, parallel/serial boards for the 800 expansion slots and its all part of a completely new 400/800 area on Atarimuseum that I'm hoping to have done by end of March.

Neat little board.

I'm actually interested in all 800 boards; I just started this thread to focus on memory.

I look forward to seeing the updates on your site; I've been going there for years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a scan of the Intec Atari 400 48K memory upgrade. I know it's not a 400/800 memory upgrade but I just scanned a 600XL memory upgrade kit that is mentioned in the Atari 8-bit FAQ.

Allan

Hi Allan,

Just copied your Microtek and Intec stuff, putting it into Atari Museums 400/800 3rd party expansions sections, will credit you for the items.

• Like 1