Photo

looking for price guide for Atari pong consoles

tips pong atari

27 replies to this topic

#26 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,958 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 AM

He hasn't popped by in quite some time (at least not under his original handle), but he used to, yes.

http://atariage.com/...9-david-winter/

Funny(?) story: I was actually in a bidding war with him when I got my original Odyssey on eBay back in '01 or '02. :-D (Joke's on me, though, because I never could get the thing to work right! :P I think one of the boards needs a recapping or something.)

#27 doodleplaid OFFLINE  

doodleplaid

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:29 AM

"Super Pong IV," model 99737, is fairly common. Confusingly, there was another Sears model also called "Super Pong IV (model 99789)," but I guess that one was a Sears rebranding of the Atari Super Pong Pro-Am Ten that came out a year later. Those are pretty rare, but I did see one on eBay once. Shoulda bought it!

I actually just listed one on ebay. I almost didn't realize that it was different. I took it out of the box to take photos and was like, "Wait a minute... where's the cute wood panel detail that I saw on all the other listings?"

Thanks for all the resources, guys. I was lost.

Edited by doodleplaid, Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:31 AM.

#28 TheCoolDave OFFLINE  

TheCoolDave

Chopper Commander

• 219 posts

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 PM

Was always wondering what they are worth. I have the Original Atari Pong and Super Pong.. I also have the Tele-Games Pong as well.

With a quick look through ebay sold listings... Not worth that much.  The Pong console sells for around $25-45 (complete or just console). There was a very minty one in the original box with all paperwork that went for $185...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, pong, atari

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users