IGNORED

Lynx Model 1 plastic screen replacements

UHATEIT

I was able to get a Lynx this last weekend for a good price, likely due to the plastic flimsy screen being cracked all the way through. This seems to be a fairly thin plastic that could crack easily if pushed too hard anyways.

Does anyone make replacements for the model 1 screen as all I keep seeing are ones for the model 2. Seems like it would be an easy thing to make or replicate for someone who does that sort of thing.

If anyone has a replacement that they'd be willing to sell let me know as well!

post-61255-0-21349800-1530558327_thumb.jpg

Checked Best Electronics?

was waiting for them to open in a bit to call and check. Wasn;t sure if anyone had any of those also or knew of places that have them on the cheap. They seem pretty thin and flimsy so I imagine someone out there makes them.

• Like 1

Sorry mate.....I was VERY lucky to be able to buy the last one from a former Atari Benelux worker here a few months ago.....still need to install it though.

Seems easy enough to repro...had it been an arcade machine they would already be on the market.....but I guess demand is simply too low....

• Like 1

SInce it's so flimsy it seems like it breaks easily and there would be a good demand for it. Hell there are replacements for the Model 2 and there are tons for things like the Sega Game gear for $5 each or less.

I sent a PM to one of the guys in another thread to see if he has one since he said he would have one shortly but he hasn't been on here in 15 days to I haven't heard back. Would love to just find that simple screen piece. otherwise to buy a whole broken unit just for the screen costs me more than I paid for the working Lynx with case and 3 games!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SInce it's so flimsy it seems like it breaks easily and there would be a good demand for it. Hell there are replacements for the Model 2 and there are tons for things like the Sega Game gear for $5 each or less.

I sent a PM to one of the guys in another thread to see if he has one since he said he would have one shortly but he hasn't been on here in 15 days to I haven't heard back. Would love to just find that simple screen piece. otherwise to buy a whole broken unit just for the screen costs me more than I paid for the working Lynx with case and 3 games!

Glad i looked first, was just about to ask this!

I have 9 here, 5 are LYNX 2, i cant find the screen lens anywhere for either one of them!

Does anyone have links to where we can get these items for our LYNX?

I McWill'd 1 of each over the past week, i dont even play them, but im so impressed im going to McWill the whole lot!