IGNORED

Middle Command 3D with Pro Controller problems

stdjxf15

Greetings all I cracked open missle command 3d and was planning on using my pro controller to play the game. However, when using the directional pad to aim, it instead controls the camera views for classic gameplay, and switches turrets on virtual play. Im wondering if this is a glitch on my end or if the game simply is not entirely compatible with the pro controller. Thanks for the response.

Edited by stdjxf15

The Missile Command 3D box actually says "pro controller compatible" on the back and in any case, swapd0 is correct. I assume the controller has issues on other games as well? If so, I'd replace the 74HC04 and 74HC14 chips on the PCB.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. The pro is my primary controller for all games and hasnt given problems on other games, I just used it to play against my son on Ultra Vortek and Kasumi Ninja. My technical prowess is limited unfortunately and I would not even know where to begin in replacing the acronyms that were listed. In the mean time Ill just be using the regular controller for that game, wasnt sure if there was a setting in the game I was overlooking. Thanks though, if it is the pro, its given me a good run for the over 10 years Ive used it. Plus the button layout isnt even listed on the manual so I cant imagine what all the buttons would even be used for.

I got a Pro Controller a week ago and some of the buttons weren't working for me (right shoulder and the Z button) but all the rest were working fine. I noticed the plug needed to be pushed in a lot more than my regular controller it seemed, this one was tough to get into the console port too. Once I did that it was all good thank god!

Yeah my pro controller has fatter pins than my other, regular pads as well.

Takes more heave-ho to get that sucker plugged in.

Thats what i ended up finding out. I scored it on the cheap and then thought WTF is it broken??? I noticed it was harder to push in initially and just left it as such, then when the buttons didnt work and I used the Mathias Domin controller tester app on the skunkboard it wasn;t working then I jammed the damn thing in there and it started working. I was flipping out that I got a broken Pro Controller. Alas it was all good!

Thats what i ended up finding out. I scored it on the cheap and then thought WTF is it broken??? I noticed it was harder to push in initially and just left it as such, then when the buttons didnt work and I used the Mathias Domin controller tester app on the skunkboard it wasn;t working then I jammed the damn thing in there and it started working. I was flipping out that I got a broken Pro Controller. Alas it was all good!

On that note, it seems to me that the regular controllers have a looser fitting after the Pro controller has been in there. I was trying to test the normal one at one point and it seemed not to work, I took everything apart on it to see what the issue was, plugged it in and it worked fine for a while, then tried it again a while later and it was doing the same thing (some of the buttons weren't working) unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was fine. But it does pop out a bit easier than it should.

On that note, it seems to me that the regular controllers have a looser fitting after the Pro controller has been in there. I was trying to test the normal one at one point and it seemed not to work, I took everything apart on it to see what the issue was, plugged it in and it worked fine for a while, then tried it again a while later and it was doing the same thing (some of the buttons weren't working) unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was fine. But it does pop out a bit easier than it should.

That totally explains it. I thought it was hard to shove the Pro Controller into the port and just went with it but when stuff didn;t work I had to really jam it in there. I haven't unplugged it since then but that's good to know it affects the regular ones again so if I have the same issue as you I'll just wiggle the regular controller in the port. That really is odd that it is like that. Are they made by different companies?