Photo

Source for Rubber Feet

5 replies to this topic

#1 Pepper OFFLINE  

Pepper

Space Invader

• 24 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:21 PM

Is there a good source online for the rubber feet for the bottom of the TI99/4A ?

Which brings me to the subject of why people feel the need to pull them off in the first place ?

I've bought a few with missing feet .. do they drop off or were they pulled?

#2 pixelpedant OFFLINE  

pixelpedant

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:54 PM

At least in my case, I would say that because the TI99 is also its keyboard, I tend to pull it forward and backward on the rack on which it sits constantly, depending on whether I'm using it at the moment (it's in the middle of my computer desk, which is my computer desk for all other purposes as well), and its feet tend to hit the surface of the rack constantly, as a consequence.  I can see this resulting in wear which would cause them to be displaced, but I can also see someone pulling them off simply to prevent this, as they move it around.

#3 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 4:25 PM

Ebay

#4 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

HexaCoreRunner

• 12,798 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:55 PM

Ebay

Yup, << These >>  might be a suitable candidate.  For only $1.69 (for 40) delivered right to your door, it's hard to go wrong.

s-l1600.jpg

#5 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,173 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:55 PM

Ahhh, yes... it's the age old tradition of mishandling, which causes the feet to pop off. You can purchase similar ones from places like ACE Hardware, Home Depot, Amazon, etc.

#6 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Stargunner

• 1,780 posts

Posted Sun Jul 8, 2018 2:04 PM

I had to put feet back on my CX40 sticks- I found suitable replacements on Amazon.

I'd imagine the bigger feet would be same deal :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users