Music Maker Experience?

Astrocade Bally Arcade Music Maker

1 reply to this topic

#1 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• 1,745 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 5:22 PM

Has anyone here used the Music Maker cartridge for the Bally Arcade/Astrocade to create music or sound effects?

I'm referring to this cartridge:

Music Maker.jpg

The above picture is for the version of Music Maker with the built-in tape interface.  However, this program can be used without the interface.  Music Maker is included on, I think, all of the Astrocade multicarts.

Here is the manual for this "game:"

http://www.ballyalle...music_maker.pdf

Here is a video of Music Maker:

https://www.youtube....h?v=kzV7mS_lk1E

The above video just shows the program being used, rather randomly, for a couple of minutes.  I've never seen a video that shows the program being used to create music, which also requires, I think, use of the following keypad overlay:

Music Maker (300 dpi).jpg

If anyone has experience with music, then I'd love to watch a narrated video of someone using Music Maker to create even a short piece of music (even Camptown Races would be fine!).  Is anyone up for the challenge?

Adam

#2 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,745 posts

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2018 5:51 PM

I just played around with Music Maker.  I entered some notes and successfully saved the notes to "tape" (my Windows Vista laptop computer using Audacity).  As with "AstroBASIC," the output level from the cartridge is extremely low.  I reset the Astrocade, thus deleting the notes I'd input into Music Maker.  After amplifying the signal in Audacity, I was able to load the notes back into Music Maker without any trouble.  When Music Maker saves or loads a score, it turns the screen red.

Does anyone out there have Music Maker with the built-in audio interface?

Adam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrocade, Bally Arcade, Music Maker

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users