IGNORED

Moon Patrol vs Matt Patrol

Spector

I see there was a 2016 release of Moon Patrol, which does seem to be different from "Matt Patrol", a homebrew I quite enjoyed playing on my flash cart. But is Moon Patrol better? What differences in gameplay are there?

http://www.colecovision.dk/householder.htm

As far as I can tell, the 3 or 4 main versions of Moon Patrol since then are practically or completely graphical in the changes, made to make it look very close to the arcade version. The game dynamics are unchanged as far as I know, since the game was essentially complete in term of gameplay. Matt appears to have made the game more or less complete for AtariSoft just as they were going bankrupt and changed it to a graphically whimsical version of Moon Patrol, with an altered title, to avoid copyright issues to unofficially release it.

The 2016 release by CollectorVision was a hack of Matt Patrol that I was responsible for. Only some graphics were changed - nothing else. My objective being to try and revert Matt Patrol back to what might have been Matt Householder's original Moon Patrol before AtariSoft pulled the plug. I also took the liberty of changing some other graphics to more closely resemble the arcade game. Please refer to the topic for details.

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1