IGNORED

Introducting...AtariFMV!

ReTro2600

Coming soon...AtariFMV, an innovative programming trick for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System!

post-65272-0-73602600-1531288496.png

This is a placeholder logo. It might change during development.

The idea? Well, it will be used to "emulate" videos in the Atari 2600. It might be used to port over Laserdisc games to the underpowered system, creating brand new programming tricks, allowing bigger games.

The first game to use this new technology is "Dragon's Lair 2600". The goal is to make a accurate port of the arcade game. I am considering making a team for the tech to work properly.

And footage? Well, the project is currently under consideration. The project should come out sometime either in late 2018 or early 2019.

(UPDATE: I forgot to say that it might have audio that resembles CD quality audio. (Basically, think Quadrun's voice on a greater scale.) If it came out in mid 2019 or later, don't be too surprised. Thank you.)

Edited by ReTro2600

Like chrono color? I'd like to just see some images used in modern games.

Unless your using a cart with audio out in it, I doubt you'll get much better music than things like pitfall 2.

I'd totally dig dragonslair on 2600, I'd certainly be one of the first in line to buy one.