Photo

SDrive-MAX Connection Issue

53 replies to this topic

#51 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

River Patroller

• 2,102 posts

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:35 PM

Can't you hold reset on the 800 during power up and then let go ? IIRC the RESET of the 800 is quite different in function compared to the XL/XE's

#52 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,226 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 PM

Can't you hold reset on the 800 during power up and then let go ? IIRC the RESET of the 800 is quite different in function compared to the XL/XE's

I tried that last night; didn't work. Eh, no biggie. Ultimately (some months from now) I expect this device will get used with one my 800's, and I'll just stick with the XEL-CF Loader for my 1088XEL, plus use of the built-in SIO2PC functionality when necessary. 

That said, I do intend to build one or two more of them (one spare for myself and another for a friend). You can be darn sure I'll be using a Schottky diode instead of a 1N4148 on those! :P 

On the upside of this situation, I now have more 1N4148 diodes than I'm likely to need in my remaining lifespan … lol!

#53 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,712 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:55 PM

I now have the parts for two of these (and a third case for future use) - Just need to find the time to actually build them out. I'll definitely be showing this off at the VCF MW this year.

#54 mytek ONLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• 2,762 posts

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 PM

On the upside of this situation, I now have more 1N4148 diodes than I'm likely to need in my remaining lifespan … lol!

Those will work fine as replacements for the 1N914s as spec'ed for the 1088XEL, or on any of the TK-II boards. So keep that in mind  ;) .

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users