IGNORED

Looking for more viewers for channel

Ranger03

you're probably wondering why this is in the genesis area. the reason is that on youtube, i Speedrun certain games. so far, i have gotten through The adventures of batman and robin's first area in as little as 4 minutes.

i also play and write about certain games and design decisions, as well as give some history. so far i have done:

*Heavy Nova

*Hard Drivin

*Sonic 2

*Bram stokers Dracula for Sega CD

*Tetris

still working on doing corpse killer.

if anyone knows how i can get voice recording working with youtube, let me know

this is my channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAADDYSsQ-RHexVboF52vLQ?view_as=subscriber

happy gaming. be sure to comment and subscribe

commentary

If you want to play your game then add commentary afterwards (called post production) you need vidio editing software that allows you to add separate audio tracks. I use Movie Studio Platinum for all my video stuff and that allows multiple video and audio tracks.

I did a game comparison about ten years ago on Youtube, comparing Genesis and Suoergrafx Ghouls n' Ghosts. I played the game then watched the footage and came up with a script. I then played the footage again but read my script, adjusting as needed to keep the time right.

I did a game comparison about ten years ago on Youtube, comparing Genesis and Suoergrafx Ghouls n' Ghosts. I played the game then watched the footage and came up with a script. I then played the footage again but read my script, adjusting as needed to keep the time right.

I had to do a similar thing for work (a cloud-based grade book for K-12 school districts, seriously boring stuff). I found that it was easier to take the script and follow it while capturing my screen, then reading the script, and finally splice both the footage and the script to match. I intentionally went through things slowly in the screen capture and moved my mouse as little as possible, and the transitions are pretty seamless. iMovie and Garageband are both free and quite useful for this sort of thing. Quicktime Player to capture the screen. Ranger03 could do something similar with OBS and Audacity (both free and available for Windows) if he doesn't mind playing with emulators, and as a bonus add in his webcam if he wanted to.

but i want to do it, during gameplay

For this I think you absolutely need streaming software like OBS. To do it all at the same time means recording from the game and recording from an external microphone. Then rather than stream to Twitch, just record to your hard drive.

Edited by derFunkenstein

What I do is I have a lapel mic that plugs into the mic input on the side of my camcorder and literally just use that. Now obviously I can't capture game audio this way. But if I were to use a different mic setup, I could use my audio mixer to allow this as well. Only a few times have I actually done audio separately and then added it to my video work. Mainly for work stuff.

The ideal way is recording gameplay and audio separately, then putting them together in video editing software after the fact. This lets you balance the audio levels of each track more evenly.

How do you currently record your gameplay footage? Are you using real hardware with a capture card, or are you using emulation?

For voice you can use Audacity to record (it's free). For mics, you can try a lapel mic, but you will find better quality in an entry level condenser mic, like a Blue Snowball (about $50).

A good free video editing package is HitFilm.

• Like 1

Kega fusion 3.64 AVI capture and OBS.

currently doing Doom 32X

The absolute floor of entry is a webcam. Even if you don't use the video feed, there's a microphone built in.

If you want to get a little more upscale (and produce videos that don't sound like hot garbage), get a dedicated mic like a Blue Snowball or maybe the Snowball iCE. Also, wear headphones while playing. Don't capture the sound of your PC playing the console's music or playing back your voice. Isolation is important. Your PC should be as silent as possible and the headphones will provide all you need to hear.

Edited by derFunkenstein

to improve of course. but the real question is how do i record on desktop. that's my real goal

You will need to clarify. You stated before that you are using Kega Fusion and OBS. This is recording on a desktop, unless you mean something else?

sorry, i will clarify: i am recording with a laptop for now, as my wifi is not working on my desktop. the obvious problem is that i want to do bigger games (doom 3, Call of duty WAW) but my Hard

Drive refuses to go back 28 GB because it is eating itself (i don't know what to safely delete or not delete but Software Distribution works for now). until that is resolved, i can only do partial

Speed runs. my laptop has over 27 GB and my PC (formally Linux) has more but, my Wnda4100 Netgear wifi usb is not working, nor will it install new drivers (Windows loads but locks up,

loading forever). i tried through my laptop, didn't work. ( installed new drivers, tried it on my PC, didn't work) i am sorry if you view this as spam, but that's why my channel is so small.

that and i have a shitty webcam. here is my latest doom run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uycXsO2nZ4

please don't mock me for playing on easy

Edited by Ranger03

I've only used it a few times because if I was wanting to record my voice while also playing a game, I again use a lapel mic through my camcorder. If I need to record with my voice while playing on my actual computer, then I could do that using the lapel mic again or other omni directional mic I might have and with my SB card I can set it to record "What you hear". That would allow all sounds to be recorded. From there the actual recording would be done using either my Geforce Experience software that does a pretty okay job, or I could use the free screen recording from VSDC which, is also what I use for my 2nd draft editing and initial render of the final video. Handbrake is used last to compress the videos down further without too much loss.

Maybe that helps you in some way to at least look into these options and test with them a bit?

sorry, i will clarify: i am recording with a laptop for now, as my wifi is not working on my desktop. the obvious problem is that i want to do bigger games (doom 3, Call of duty WAW) but my Hard

Drive refuses to go back 28 GB because it is eating itself (i don't know what to safely delete or not delete but Software Distribution works for now). until that is resolved, i can only do partial

Speed runs. my laptop has over 27 GB and my PC (formally Linux) has more but, my Wnda4100 Netgear wifi usb is not working, nor will it install new drivers (Windows loads but locks up,

loading forever). i tried through my laptop, didn't work. ( installed new drivers, tried it on my PC, didn't work) i am sorry if you view this as spam, but that's why my channel is so small.

that and i have a shitty webcam. here is my latest doom run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uycXsO2nZ4

please don't mock me for playing on easy

Honestly, I'd worry about getting your computer issues sorted out first. The situation sounds like a mess.

Also, just a heads up, you may want to adjust the information in your video:

"this is my speedrun of Jagdoom, which adds the BFG 9000 and extra levels. it's quite an upgrade. i only got up to level 14 then stopped. got 100% on level 10"

That's the description for the 32X version video you just linked to. Also, why is the title simply "True Doom"?

I'd also be leery about calling these "speedruns". What I am seeing is more along the lines of a casual playthrough. Here is an example of a "speedrun":

The reason I say this is people searching for speedruns are going to be looking for something more in-line with the above, not a casual playthrough. If you want to grow, it's probably a good rule of thumb to be consistent and logical in how you describe things. If someone is misled into thinking your video is one thing but it turns out to be another, good luck trying to get them to subscribe.

• Like 1