IGNORED

Video hookup possibilities

Hi,

Since I'm soon to be reunited with an Atari 520 STFM (from Greece of all places) I'm wondering what is the best modern solution to have access to the three video mode on a modern display? The machine comes with a 13pins DIN->SCART cable that I coud use with my SCART->HDMI upconverter which works fine with my A500, but I don't think I'll be getting the hires mono display with this setup.

Anybody know of a cable(s)+devices that would let me hook it up to a modern LCD (not 15hz capable)?

Preferably one that is available for purchase without selling a kidney...

Atari ST monochrome mode is very easy to connect to some LCD monitor with VGA input. If price is problem, you can make it yourself.

Need only to connect mono out signal to all 3 R,G,B lines parallel. H-sync to H-sync, V-sync to V-sync, mono sensor to GND, and of course connect 2 GNDs too each with other :)

Only real problem here is to get Atari monitor connector. But even it can be made with little skill.

Even better is to add those lines to existing cable - then you need switch between mono sensor and GND, with what then can select mono or color mode. And no need to change cable.