So I was looking through the Atari part list and wishing. I found White Water Madness, which I think I can do. I took a few hours and began work on this. I'm envisioning something like a cross between Toobin' and Atari's Street Racer. Anyway, I got the river part going. The river will get smaller as time goes on, so for now it's really wide. There will be rocks and logs to avoid and stuff to grab for extra points. This is what I have now.
Heya atari2600land, great start to your game! I love the concept and the paddling animation. I made a quick video to show you my game play and I have some suggestions below!
- The pattern of the beaver is exactly the same every time, at least on the narrow parts, so once it comes on screen you're able to find a safe spot at the bottom and avoid it completely
- I would love to see splits in the river (like River Raid) or a winding/narrowing/widening river, this way I wouldn't be able to sit on the bottom and avoid nearly everything
- It would be awesome to have an enemy that homes in on you a little when it comes on the screen so you definitely have to keep moving around
- Maybe have items that have various speeds and more than one on the screen at a time so you have to avoid both slow ones and fast ones (you could avoid flickering by making sure they don't go into each other's paths, I'm pretty sure bB is able to do that?)
- Your character looks like they have quite a long neck, would it look better with a touch shorter one?
- Maybe a little animation of the paddle when the character is going backward?
Looking forward to playing future builds of the game!