"View New Content" Timeout

5 replies to this topic

#1 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 14,879 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Can you see if there's a timeout for "view new content" that can be adjusted? I was on page 2 of 4 viewing new content, went to an hour long meeting and when I came back pages 3 and 4 were gone and I was only able to see new content from the time that I stepped away.

#2 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 14,879 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 AM

Please respond

#3 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• Topic Starter
  • 14,879 posts
  • \m/

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:28 PM

c'mon AtariAge respond

#4 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Quadrunner

• 5,056 posts
  • Tacos are real and delicious.

Posted Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:33 PM

It could be with you now being a non-subscriber.  I don't see the "subscriber" status under your avatar.

#5 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,606 posts

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:32 PM

Make new tabs, by middle clicking the page number and leave them on your browser before going to the hour long meeting.

-not Atariage staff :(

#6 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,990 posts

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:23 PM

Sorry for the slow response, was gone for two weeks and I missed your post.  

The timeout cannot be adjusted, there's probably a cookie set or a setting saved in the database for when you last viewed "New Content".  However, when you are viewing "New Content", you can adjust the period of time you're viewing.  Take a look on the left, under the header By time period.  You can select "Content I have not read", "New since my last visit", "Past 24 hours", "Past week", "Past 2 weeks", "Past month", "Past 6 months", "Past year":

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 5.18.51 PM.png

I assume you were using "New since my last visit".  Since you were idle for over an hour, when you refreshed the page the forum considers this a new visit. 

With the new forum software that's coming, you'll have much greater control over viewing new content and can setup and save "View new content" queries to your liking (and you can even create several).  

..Al

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users