Photo

TIPI: possibility to trigger load interrupt via software

8 replies to this topic

#1 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• 1,621 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 AM

Hi, just wondering. Is there a possibility to trigger a load interrupt via software on the TIPI ?

#2 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,309 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 AM

No LOAD line in the flex cable.

#3 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Star Raider

• 58 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 PM

I don't know much about software triggered interrupts or XOPs. I have and do spend time striving to get full and absolute cooperation from the -LOAD interrupt. I'm assuming you mean a TIPI sidecar, not PEB prototype. I don't think console port 13 is routed physically on the TIPI PCB. Perhaps it could be jumpered to another pin on the TIPI connector, such as -MBE or SBE(needs inversion). But that would be more like triggering the interrupt from the TI... probably not useful. I'm using a 9901 output port to gate(NAND) the NMI. Perhaps also irrelevant... Sounds like a JM42 question to me!!!

#4 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Moonsweeper

• 473 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 PM

Can an interrupt service routine be written such that it checks for something in one of the TIPI registers or does a poll with some timed frequency, and if the trigger exists, the ISR then does its thing?  One could use a counter that actually does the polling with whatever frequency was required.

I do not know enough about the TIPI to know limitations, yet.  I'm not sure what would happen if you have a program running using the TIPI, then an ISR does a poll as well, etc.

Beery

#5 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,156 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:52 PM

Seems to me the closest you could get to this is an interrupt generated by the TIPI, in the same manner as the RS232 and SCSI cards.  You'd have to look at the TIPI page to determine if the interrupt is implemented.

#6 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,297 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 PM

FMI is the load interrupt software triggerable ? I have been under the impression it is a hardware only event that screams off to it's vector once it's triggered.

#7 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 AM

The idea is to have a software timer on PI side that periodically triggers the load interrupt. That way preemption could be implemented with a higher rate as the 60 times a second for a VDP interrupt.

#8 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,621 posts

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 AM

No LOAD line in the flex cable.

I read about that. What was TI thinking not to carry the LOAD line.

#9 jedimatt42 ONLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,740 posts

Posted Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:15 PM

The TIPI does not connect to any interrupt lines. There was no need.

-M@

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users