IGNORED

Fake 5200 Wizard of Wor cartridges

moknbyrdx1

I was just told the Wizard of Wor cartridge, I sold on Ebay, was a fake. Is this a new thing now? How can one tell if a cartridge is fake?

Thanks. :-)

Michael

yes do post a pic or link to the auction in question. my guess is that you have a buyer that doesn't want to actually buy.

Wizard Of Wor for the 5200 would have to be one of the most random cartridges out there, for any system, to fake. Real copies aren't even worth what it would take to make a fake.

Great game, though. As it happens, my wife and I were just playing it a couple of days ago. :)

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1

I've received $4 counterfeit vintage ICs before. You'd think there wouldn't be much profit motive in that, but it must be sufficient.

It'll be interesting to read what monknbyrdxl finds when the cartridge comes back. Crack it open, look inside. Maybe someone repaired/replaced the PCB at some point during the cartridge's history? Maybe the buyer just doesn't know what he's talking about and the cartridge is original and works fine?

Regardless, eBay has a reputation for siding with buyers.

The one about 15th down. That is my ad. HA

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WIZARD-OF-WOR-BOX-MANUAL-GAME-OVERLAYS-COMPLETE-GOOD-CONDITION/263770432040?hash=item3d69f16228%3Ag%3Ay0cAAOSwqaNbKwYO&_sacat=0&_nkw=5200+Wizard+of+Wor&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

If that is your auction the game is 100 percent legit and that guy is trying to rip you off.

His evidence was the board was tiny with a black glob. I told him CBS game boards were like that. Even sent his shots of, Blue Print, Mountain King and my original Wizard of Wor. Didn't change that it didn't work. Whatever. Send it back. If I could test it I would but my 5200 is crapped out.

Edited by moknbyrdx1

yea thats the cbs boards a dog got a hold of my wiz of wor and i just peeled the label and put it on the bare board i had a dead star trek cart and installed it in there with some countersink headers and made a label with the pic of john madden holding the cart so mine is total fake now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...