IGNORED

Alien Revenge!

easmith

For now I am calling this finished unless I pick it up later , or catch a glitch on real hardware . Updated version attached.
Leaving it as 1 player . Instead of scoring, survival is the goal. If 99 waves can be survived , game is won.

I did add faster enemy speeds starting at wave 8 . Shield is limited to 3 per wave . Cannot fire while shield is active .

P0 difficulty B: timer = 40 and die at 10 hits
P0 difficulty A : timer = 25 and die at 5 hits.

This is a sequel to my earlier game from this spring Alien Attack.
The Aliens are back and this time they are pissed!
Since the last attack, you have constructed a planetary shield defense, but hey have discovered the orbiting power station that controls your planet's shield.

You control the power station's lasers that will defend the station. You can fire in 8 directions with joystick.
Once again time is important, you must defeat each wave within 40 /25 seconds because your station must recharge its power supply . Also , your station cannot withstand more than 10/5 hits per wave .

Defend the station by destroying the aliens . You can also shoot alien missiles. You have a shield which can be activated every 4 seconds by pressing the button.

Start game by pressing button .

post-63151-0-76211000-1531943435_thumb.png

post-63151-0-54422300-1531975874_thumb.jpg

AlienRevenge.bin

Edited by easmith
  • Like 3

caught bug or 2 when testing on real hardware with Harmony. The screen was garbled on startup due to bank selection. Also Caught a bug where

the transition was off enemy pattern 111 to 101. These are fixed now but there is still one more issue that is not as prevalent with Stella but is fairly pronounced on real hardware: when a wave is cleared , there is a screen jump . I am not quite sure what is causing this just yet. If anyone can provide insight I would be grateful.

Edited by easmith
  • Like 1

There's some potential here, though it's quite buggy. Definitely far from a finished product.

Also, I'd like to note that the scanline count is too high for NTSC systems (current count is 272, games on NTSC systems should have a count of 262.) The scanline count also seems to jump upward when clearing a wave or starting the game.

There's some potential here, though it's quite buggy. Definitely far from a finished product.

Also, I'd like to note that the scanline count is too high for NTSC systems (current count is 272, games on NTSC systems should have a count of 262.) The scanline count also seems to jump upward when clearing a wave or starting the game.

I fixed the bug where the screen jumps after clearing a wave. Still jumps a bit when reset is pressed but I can live with that . Updated version posted.

Not sure if I agree with "Quite buggy" :) , but there are some imperfections to be sure.

I appreciate the encouragement about improving, but I think I will leave it as is for now. Very 1980-- no title or end screen . I think it is fun to play . If it is never released and I just make a few carts for myself then that is fine . If anyone enjoys playing it then that is a bonus.

• Like 1