IGNORED

Hardware Test Request

Karl G

Hello,

I have encountered an issue with the score display in my project where the leftmost digit of the score can be partially corrupted by the digit that is third from the left. As it only happens to me on my Atari Jr. and not on the latest Stella, I'd like to see if others see the same issue.

If anyone could try this stripped-down test bin on their consoles, then I'd appreciate it. The score at the bottom of the screen should be "001000". Please let me know if you see any digit corruption, and which Atari console you are using.

Thanks in advance for any help! :-)

ScoreDisplay.bin

Your HMOVE is strobed on cycle 71, should be 73 or 74 if doing it to hide the HMOVE bar.

And even then, some consoles can be off by 1 pixel when doing the 73/74 HMOVE. For the 1 pixel shift you should be able to tweek the 48 pixel routine so it works for both (ie: shift when GRP0 and GRP1 are written by 1 cycle).

post-3056-0-17542400-1531950573_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thanks. It's not my code in this case, and my use of it doesn't require hiding the HMOVE bar since I am using a black background. There was some question as to whether what I'm seeing is due to having one of these oddball TIAs, or if everyone would see the same glitch in the display of the leftmost digit. For bug-reporting purposes at least, I would like to know if it's an issue that others are seeing.