IGNORED

IntelliVision Lines Newletter Needed

Hi all,

I recently went to the site where I bought Super NFL Football looking for overlays and ran across Issues #3, #9 and #10 of the IntelliVision Lines Newsletters. I really enjoyed reading them but I think all 3 are partial missing some pages.

Does anyone out there have any information on where to find these newsletters?

These were written by Ralph Linne in Ohio.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

HJ

Humblejack, the ones you found at:

http://intellivision.us/intvgames/intylines/intylines.php

came from Ralph. It took a persistent work just to get those. He did not have the others readily available. I will beg some more of him to see if he has found the other issues..

That would be great thank you. The same three are also available with lots of others here at Intellivision Brazil. http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/

Yes, the 3 Intellivison Lines came from.me. Maybe others as well and maybe I have copied some from them. Most of the things on my site are original scans I did.

Hi, well thanks for scanning them. I really enjoyed reading them and would like to read the other issues. I assume #3,9 and 10 are not all... there must be a #1,2,4...etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, Zendocon said:

I just discovered these today and read them with a lot of interest.  Imagine if I could have gotten a Music Synthesizer for $20 back in the day!

Ralph sent me the full collection. VERY appreciated!!! I even had a great phone call with him.

They have been scanned and made available at:

http://intellivision.us/intylines.php

These have been made available with his permission and should not be copied an posted on other sites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is a great read, despite the glaring lack of proofreading.  I love that ECS segment in the last issue, and I wish he had gone on to make more issues, devoting space to the individual ECS games.

What was the phone call like?

1 hour ago, Zendocon said:

This is a great read, despite the glaring lack of proofreading.  I love that ECS segment in the last issue, and I wish he had gone on to make more issues, devoting space to the individual ECS games.

What was the phone call like?

Great discussion of the history of consoles. I could still hear his excitement of video game systems. I agree... it would have been awesome to see more write ups on the ECS.

We now have more piece of history digitized.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Great discussion of the history of consoles. I could still hear his excitement of video game systems. I agree... it would have been awesome to see more write ups on the ECS.

We now have more piece of history digitized.

Nice.  I read through Issue #7, and on Page 2, there's a lot about the ECS I didn't even know.

I remember hearing about those other three unreleased titles, two of which used the Music Synthesizer.  Obviously, more than one title was warranted.  What would Program Builder have been, a BASIC tutorial of some sort?  Again, more than one title putting the integrated BASIC interpreter to some use, joining Mr. BASIC Meets Bits & Bytes.

Expansion cassettes for World Series Major League Baseball with full lineups for existing teams.  Those never saw the light of day, did they?  Something similar for Super NFL Football would be great for the Intellivision Bowl.  It wouldn't be too hard to create fan-based cassette images for 1983 team lineups, now that tape drive simulation is available on jzintv.

The ECS owner's manual makes brief mention of an expanded BASIC cartridge "coming soon."  I had e-mailed the BSRs back in 1997, asking about that expanded BASIC cartridge.  The response was that it never made it to implementation, so not even a prototype exists.  Perhaps it would have utilized the RAM expansion slot that was supposed to be inside the ECS, similar to the wireless controller adapter for the slot inside the IntelliVoice.