IGNORED

Portland Retro Gaming Expo: tagged 2600 Jr 2017

Leisure

I brought an Atari 2600 Jr to the PRGE last year with the hopes of having someone cool sign it. By the end of the day my silver pen was worn out and my console was dripping with memories. Al Yarusso got the tagging started ("Are you sure you want me to write on this?) then I hopped in line to meet David Crane and Gary Kitchen. Seriously, David Crane and Gary Kitchen. Next I approached the runway that was the Metal Jesus Rocks Crew autograph table....or was that a retro remix of the Last Supper? Ron Milner was sitting at a table by the Atari Museum, talking quietly with his son when I walked up and said, "Hello, would you please sign this, and could you write your name on the bottom so I can keep track of who signed it?" Nobody said no. Tim Lapetino was next, standing in a hallway...as if he's always there. Back upstairs to the autograph station where I found Ben Heck who actually thought to add the date, and my last conversation was with Scott Warshaw. It was like a weird dream where all these Atari types were hanging out and they all had time to say hello. To me. Thanks to everyone who decorated it, I'll cherish it forever! Can't wait for my next retro game show!

post-53734-0-99071900-1532154313_thumb.jpg

post-53734-0-31889800-1532154334_thumb.jpg

post-53734-0-24662500-1532154390_thumb.jpg

post-53734-0-19292800-1532154422_thumb.jpg

post-53734-0-37073900-1532154448_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leisure
  • Like 10

I brought an Atari 2600 Jr to the PRGE last year with the hopes of having someone cool sign it. By the end of the day my silver pen was worn out and my console was dripping with memories. Al Yarusso got the tagging started ("Are you sure you want me to write on this?) then I hopped in line to meet David Crane and Gary Kitchen. Seriously, David Crane and Gary Kitchen. Next I approached the runway that was the Metal Jesus Rocks Crew autograph table....or was that a retro remix of the Last Supper? Ron Milner was sitting at a table by the Atari Museum, talking quietly with his son when I walked up and said, "Hello, would you please sign this, and could you write your name on the bottom so I can keep track of who signed it?" Nobody said no. Tim Lapetino was next, standing in a hallway...as if he's always there. Back upstairs to the autograph station where I found Ben Heck who actually thought to add the date, and my last conversation was with Scott Warshaw. It was like a weird dream where all these Atari types were hanging out and they all had time to say hello. To me. Thanks to everyone who decorated it, I'll cherish it forever! Can't wait for my next retro game show!

That is sweet! Very cool :0

Planning on doing the same thing with my books (Vol 1 & 2) at this years Houston Arcade Expo!

Planning on doing the same thing with my books (Vol 1 & 2) at this years Houston Arcade Expo!

Have fun! Post some pix when you can!

Is there an autograph topic somewhere? I couldn't find one. That'd be cool to be able to flip through a gallery of everyone's treasures!

• Like 1

Is there an autograph topic somewhere? I couldn't find one. That'd be cool to be able to flip through a gallery of everyone's treasures!

Thanks! Will do!

I couldn't find one.... you could always start one somewhere within the AA forums. Sort of a "Show your autographed collectables" thread.....

• Like 2

Don't think so but here are a few of my autographed collectibles: http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/album/1468-signed-stuff/