IGNORED

How to fit Balloon Crazy into 16k

more information needed, many programs were saved and loaded from Cassette tape, without DOS eating up memory, you will have more room...

Make sure you are only typing in the Atari section of the program and leaving out the proof reader codes when typing the listings.

many people also used very tiny footprint DOS versions and types to get games to load on memory restricted machines. also once a program is loaded in it was sometimes expected it would overwrite DOS etc. and the only way to leave was to power off the machine. Written and saved to tape, copied to a disk with small DOS system, maybe with autorun.sys. So long as the game ran no one cared.

So we need to know more about your system and what you are using on it.

By all means remove all REM etc

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to add more to this. but I think this will get you started...

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hi!

how was it done? i got as far as line 1000 (without the rem statements) and it refused to go any further

Compute magazine #67 page 48

I says:

Balloon Crazy (Program 1) runs on any Atari computer with at least 16K RAM (or 24K for disk).

So, if you have DOS loaded, you need 24K or more, 16K is not enough.

• 4 weeks later...