Photo

AppleWorks 4.0 Disk image?

9 replies to this topic

#1 DistantStar001 OFFLINE  

DistantStar001

Chopper Commander

• 109 posts

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:00 PM

Anyone know where I can find a disk image (both 800k, and 5.25in) for AppleWorks 4.0.  I've found images for versions, 1, 2, 3, and 5, but not 4.  I have a disk, but my grandfather overloaded it with add-ons, and rewrote the 800k image repeatedly both to, and from relatively modern (poor quality) 1.44MB disks (he thought they were better, because they were bigger).  Suffice to say, the last disk I have is not very reliable, and needs to be replaced.  Also, I'd prefer to start fresh.  

#2 Polymorph ONLINE  

Polymorph

Space Invader

• 45 posts

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 PM

Anyone know where I can find a disk image (both 800k, and 5.25in) for AppleWorks 4.0.  I've found images for versions, 1, 2, 3, and 5, but not 4.  I have a disk, but my grandfather overloaded it with add-ons, and rewrote the 800k image repeatedly both to, and from relatively modern (poor quality) 1.44MB disks (he thought they were better, because they were bigger).  Suffice to say, the last disk I have is not very reliable, and needs to be replaced.  Also, I'd prefer to start fresh.  

Asimov has version 4.3 (but not 4.0 that I could see):

ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/productivity/integrated/appleworks/v4.3/

But other sites I checked were missing 4.0 too. Odd that this hasn't been archived along with the others.

#3 DistantStar001 OFFLINE  

DistantStar001

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 PM

Thank you!  4.3 is good, although I still need to get some 800k disks, but I can handle that.  Thanks again.

#4 centuri OFFLINE  

centuri

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:32 PM

If you really want 4.0, I might be able to find it. Most of my equipment came from my local school's dumpster and there are all sorts of different AppleWorks disks. None are original, but likely good copies as the policy when I was in elementary school before they trashed them was you had to save any changes to your own disk.

#5 DistantStar001 OFFLINE  

DistantStar001

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:33 AM

If you really want 4.0, I might be able to find it. Most of my equipment came from my local school's dumpster and there are all sorts of different AppleWorks disks. None are original, but likely good copies as the policy when I was in elementary school before they trashed them was you had to save any changes to your own disk.

That would be great if you could make disk images of them.  Thanks.

#6 centuri OFFLINE  

centuri

Combat Commando

• 5 posts

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:27 AM

I'll go through the pile and see what I can find. It still depresses to this day, watching them being crushed. I only have the ones that I do because of friends. My father was not very understanding about it. I had to watch early original IIs, not II+s but actual IIs getting mashed with the garbage. At least 100 machines.

#7 DistantStar001 OFFLINE  

DistantStar001

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 PM

that just makes me sad.

#8 Aunty Entity OFFLINE  

Aunty Entity

Star Raider

• 56 posts

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:23 AM

Did you get your versions? I'd have to saunter out to the garage to confirm, but I too have a schools worth of AppleWorks 5.25" floppies.

Aunty

#9 DistantStar001 OFFLINE  

DistantStar001

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:22 PM

Not so far.

#10 Aunty Entity OFFLINE  

Aunty Entity

Star Raider

• 56 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 PM

I have to hand versions 1.2, 2.0 and 3.0, no 4.0 I'm afraid.  Not sure how virginal any of these are, as my system came with a ramworks card in it.  May have had desktop expander run on them.

A

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users