IGNORED

Finding a NOS aluminum piece on ebay or similar

Zack

im trying to find a NOS aluminum piece for my 5200 and cant fins a singe NOS one on ebay. i am looking for one also that is for a reasonable price. i would appreciate help from anyone who has ever found one on ebay or similar or if anyone else could find one one line

thanks

Considering the guy is from Australia, I'm amazed at how low the shipping is.

While I was cleaning out an Atari 5200 the other day it occurred to me that the motherboard was quite small compared to the giant case.

I’d like to find a source for a smaller case.

There’s no reason the 5200 has to take up so much space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I was cleaning out an Atari 5200 the other day it occurred to me that the motherboard was quite small compared to the giant case.

What? You're not a purist? I bet something could be worked up on a 3D Printer if someone was so inclined! Heck, if it looked good enough I might even be tempted to switch. The overly large case does leave lots of room for upgrades and modifications though.

Why stop there? The motherboard itself seems to have a lot of dead space by today's standards. It would be a fun exercise to redo the board layout using modern 4-layer production and see how tiny it can be made while preserving the schematic. At the same time, drop the RF modulator and replace it with composite/svideo/audio out instead.

I would like to get it into a low profile slim case. Especially since both of my 5200 aluminum nameplates are all scratched up.

ddde5a9923dc068c8c9db396c66f91b3.jpg

See how small the darn thing is ^^^^^^^

The joystick holder compartment is outright silly. Way too much work fitting two joysticks with cables in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Um...wow.... smh here guys..

Look at the area where the controllers go in the back. Notice how it has an opening on the sides where the controller lid meets with the rest of the case? That is because it was really designed to put the controller into the storage with the cable still plugged into the front of the console?!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-