IGNORED

The Next Retrogaming Scam is Here! (G Blue)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g-blue-arcade-machine-custom-console-video-game-3d-design#/

*It's on IndieGoGo

*It's "for people who enjoy retrogaming, but don't have the time to figure it out"

*It "understands the importance of women in gaming" (I'm sure that's completely relevant)

*It appears to be a knockoff GameCube shell with a set of ports that strongly resembles the layout of a Raspberry Pi

Bovine Fecal powers... ACTIVATE!

• Like 2

Just download and play! Open the folder of each system and throw your room into the device with your Pendrive, restart your device and be happy!

Without all that complicated stuff ?! Yes. Just shoot the room and play; with the difference that you can also do this with it also straight from the computer in Root even faster; everything explained in your user manual such as in the Device Forum that will be active after this startup with a series of tips and videos about this device as well as games played on it.

Note: It is possible that the mounting as well as the sending of the device may be carried out by another region for logistical purposes, but this will not imply changes in delivery times.

The download part is the MOST complex and prone-to-breakage part there is. And you need a user manual to explain it all. Forget it!

Shoot the room?!? I'm shooting in the bathroom alright!!

https://tineye.com/search/a3da549a5cffbad5e18ac4eeff838aee04bea484/

Judging by all these recent beyond-silly campaigns, such as the Voltron/Opton/etc or whatever their stupid names I saw in the other thread were, I start thinking maybe an early-code rogue AI is responsible or maybe the people behind the Nigerian Princes wrote a generic script. The spammy non-human language and general vagueness/hopelessness definitely give off such vibes.

What's with the turbo versions if the non turbo sucks bad enough to warrant a turbo version why make a non turbo

And it's not even faster; just has more storage:

This campaign is divided into two options: G Blue Normal Version and G Blue Turbo Version. In the normal version you get the device with 16 Giga with only one Joystick. In the turbo version you get the console with two Joysticks and 32 Giga memory.

Giga-ty Giga-ty goo.

Looks like it could have a Orange Pi PC H3 inside based on the port configuration.

OrangePiPcH3.jpg

Their specs name a "H3 Quad-core Cortex-A7 H.265" which is an Orange Pi. ? ?

That case is an ugly lumpy thing.

Kudos to them for their giant balls, I guess. And if "Atari" were selling this, it would have already tripled its goals.

Their two backers are "RetroBoy" and "Old Gamer Man." :lol:

• Like 2

Guess Mike has to cover those legal fees yet? ;)

Seriously though it's already said, looks like a scam using a preconfigured Pi box, and with those lovely images clearly they're shooting for obscured pirate for idiots. Why wait on the ugly case, just hit any tool up on etsy or craigslist already doing this and for less money.

• Like 1

"Get eight incredible badges to give your face to your device."

---> My face is happy very it is right now, thank you.

"Tested and recommended functional platforms: PS3, N64, Megadrive, MSX, Snes, Arcade Classic Games (MAME), Game Boy, Game Boy Collor, GB Advance, Nintendo 8bits, Master System, 32x, Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket Collor, SEGA SG 1000, among others ..."

---> PS3 .... wow, that's really a classic system. Somehow I doubt an H3 can run RPCS3.

---> Also they really like to spell "Collor".

"A platform that takes you straight to the best Old Days! Designed by players like you, G Blue has already had incredible games tested in their prototype (some were played until the end as R. Evil, M. Drop 3, Warhawk, Xevious 3d from PSX and others like Mace from N64, Ninja Gaiden 2 from NES and a good collection of Atari 2600 and 32x, not to mention the Game Boy games, which also deserved special attention). "

---> But a whole lot were not even tried, we're sorry to say!

"We take care that the housing shell case of the device is ideal in weight and size, without being too light, as in some projects. Conversely, we made sure that the Joystick was light enough to give the player the feeling of relaxation like the older consoles"

---> Yeah please, let's not spare a single penny in shipping, load it up, may I propose a depleted uranium case!

---> Or gosh, is that how you got rid of all the lead from all that leaded paint you still have around?

---> Now, now, you've never played with a 7800 proline have you? There's no "relaxation", just pain and sorrow ....

• Like 3

Honestly, my favorite part is the randomly thrown in feminism shoutout. It's just randomly in the middle of it all. LOL

(Not against feminism, it's just obvious it was thrown in to grab attention.)

G Blue is a device based on Blue Ocean and has as main characteristic the customization that goes from its color, its emblems and even its system, because it uses Open Source system. It also reinforces the important participation of women in the world of games.
  • Like 7

What amuse me is that is sounds like and is described like an Aliexpress product, and I'm 70% sure that the product is already made, crates full of them in some warehouse of Shenzen :D

From the pics I saw, the gamepad is that generic model that was to be used for another system of that kind.

• Like 1

What amuse me is that is sounds like and is described like an Aliexpress product, and I'm 70% sure that the product is already made, crates full of them in some warehouse of Shenzen icon_mrgreen.gif

From the pics I saw, the gamepad is that generic model that was to be used for another system of that kind.

The first thing I did was look up the specs to see which cheap board they were using. Orange pi!

The second thing I did was look on AliExpress to see if they were just reselling something already out there. Not yet, so far as I can see. It's still derivative and unoriginal -- but I guess that makes it feasible, too.

• Like 2