IGNORED

TIFlash 99 and TL866A

Hello, I just built my first board. I'm very excited a new TI user to try this out. After building the board, I went to look at the software DOCs. I had assumed that there was some H E X file that I would load into my TL866A EEPROM burner, drop in the ATMega, burn, and then pop it into the board and I was good to go. So I was surprised when I read the docs and it got into installing Python, a compiler, etc etc. Yikes, beyond my pay grade. lol.

I see that Ralph posted back on 08 Jul 2016 the actual H E X file. Is the H E X file he posted the latest version? If not, would someone be willing to send me it?

Going back to the original docs, there were steps to do for the files in /avr and /ti. Does this H E X contain both steps?

Since I am using my TL866A programmer, I am confused by the following since I am not using AVRDUDE:

Additionally, you need to program the lower fuse bits of the 8515 so that it runs at 8 MHz:

<snip>

There was a post on the TL866A way back with a screen shot that I was going to use.

Summary: My board is built, I have a TL866A, I'm not saving with the instructions on the software side, what are the 'idiot proof' steps now?

THANK YOU!

ralphb, on 08 Jul 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:snapback.png

You're right about the cap. And here's the "official" HEX file, but if the banktest is working, your 8515 should be fine.

Hello,

Sorry, I only just noticed this...you may have the info already.

I built a few FlashROM99's...2 years ago...where did that time go.

Anyway, I just remembered that I screen captured my TL866 settings for the 8515.

Attaching them here for reference.

I have circled (red) a couple of things to note.

The first screen on the TL866 software is called the 'Code Memo' screen.

The 'Fuse Bits' need to be setup on via the 'config screen (my second screenshot).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shane

post-37708-0-88646300-1533515995.jpg

post-37708-0-48460100-1533516002.jpg

• Like 1