IGNORED

Climber 5 Label Contest - Winner Selected!

Climber5Contest.gifAtariAge and Dennis Debro are sponsoring a contest to create original label artwork for Climber 5. This label artwork will appear on all copies of Climber 5, which will make its debut at the upcoming Austin Gaming Expo. In Climber 5 you play the role of a baseball player who has to retrieve a ball hit to the upper rafters of a building under construction. Winner of the contest will receive an autographed copy of Climber 5 signed by Dennis Debro. For complete details, please visit the Climber 5 Label Contest page.

--------------

Dennis Debro has selected a winning label!! Read this post for more details!

Im not sure i proportioned all the crap right, so if I didnt ill fix it.. just a novel idea i came up with as an atari fan.. can anyone find the easter egg in this label? (hint: Ridley Scott)

edit, forgot the end label.. here it is.

edit 2, set the image on a cart so it will look more finished.

post-181-1055046154_thumb.png

post-181-1055046155_thumb.png

post-181-1055046156_thumb.png

I have a label concept...there's no way I'd be able to draw it though :lol:

POV is close to the base of the skeletal building looking upward...with yellow loading cranes visible at the top. In the lower section of the label, Climber5 (in a pinstripe baseball uniform & cap) is at the top rung of the lower ladder peering upward. All other floors of the building have I-beams strung from cables (which are running from the cranes overhead). Feel free to use this if ya want

This is not a submission, it's just for fun.  :D

This is not to implea that any of these are any worse because they look fantastic (nice jobs guys) but:

CPUWIZ, you could scribble on a piece of paper and it would look awesome! Nice label for 'just for fun'!

Allan

This may be a dumb question but I usually do video graphics not print. When I open the templates in Photoshop the size is 30.709 dpi and a physical print size of w:13.026 inches x h:15.598 inches. Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to set up real templates that are 200 dpi and the correct dimensions?

I can easily set up for the correct sizes but I think the current templates are kind of confusing for people not as well versed in graphics.

Just an opinion.

Archived