IGNORED

Climber 5 Label Contest - Winner Selected!

Nice, I really like Dave Dries label, very original.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think that's my favorite right now.

I also really like Jason Dvorak's. Others I dig are Nathan Strum's, Paul Jeffery's and Terry Wilson's (I like Happy Dude's style, especially on submissions 2 & 3, but neither one gets the whole feeling across I guess).

Hi there!

Just trying to influence Dennis a little myself :wink: , my favourite entry so far is the one fom Jason Dvorak. But...

Can't wait to see what's in the next round!  :)

... I'm still hoping for a cute dead climber from Christiana :D

Greetings,

Manuel

Just noticed this contest, dunno how I missed seeing it!

My favorites:

Dave Dries label. Wow it's great! Seems to give an immediate feel for the game. I especially like the bright and blended colors, also the cartoony look to it. There is nice movement caused by the curved building that draws my eyes from the sweating player to the baseball, which has a flash around it to confirm the object of the game. The large and original lettering for the game name makes this one stand out for me.

I also like Nathan Strum's label. Did you use raytracing for most of that? Looks really cool. The cursive lettering gives it a baseball feel. It looks like he is running from something, maybe the beam in the background? Is it swinging?

Matthew Bowman's is nice and professional looking. The Atari label integration looks believeable (good font, size, and spacing).

calamari

I also like Nathan Strum's label.  Did you use raytracing for most of that?  Looks really cool.  The cursive lettering gives it a baseball feel.  It looks like he is running from something, maybe the beam in the background?  Is it swinging?

Thanks! Yep - everything but the player (and text) was done in a 3D app. The beam in the background is indeed swinging towards him, although it's not as clear as I'd like it to be. My second submission should fix that.

Only two more days, so if you've been procrastinating to get an entry in, time's running out!  :)

Hang on, let me check.

Nope, still can't draw :(

You know, I haven't even been able to find a baseball to use as a prop -- the game's barely played here at all.

Man did I have a hard time trying to come up with an idea and a working design for this contest *sigh* ... Oh well, here's my contribution at the last moment anyway...

Dave Dries and Nathan Strums contributions looks really great. And I like Happy Dudes "Bat & Baseball" design as well, nice and clean.

Oh yeah and Rhindles contribution rocks ... :D

post-1597-1056209335_thumb.jpg

post-1597-1056209336_thumb.jpg

I just sent in my first ever label contest entry and thought I'd post it here too. There are some really great ones already but I had to enter. I tried to give it a style unlike the others by hand painting the image. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it was fun.

post-3534-1056210414_thumb.jpg

I've added the latest two labels to the contest page, thanks! 25 great entries have been received so far, and I look forward to any more that come in before the midnight deadline Sunday. Keep up the great work everyone!

Btw, I like the Charlie Brown label. :)

..Al

I love Mats Blixt's entry  :thumbsup:

So do I - that one is really fantastic! Great idea, nice use of colors, and the scanlines are an especially cool touch. Good job!

(I like the Charlie Brown one, too. Too bad about the copyright thing - I've got plenty of the strips with him getting hammered by line drives. :D )

Krisjohn - go to www.google.com, click on Images, and then do a search for baseball. You should find plenty of baseballs you can use for reference.

I felt like I should chime in here...

I have been lurking in this thread and just watching the submissions. All of these submissions are GREAT!!! They are far beyond anything I could have imagined. The joke posts well...they brought a smile to my face too. The cork was hilarious :lol:

It's going to be hard picking a winner with so many great posts.

I remember watching other label contests and thinking it was easy to pick a label for the games. Now it's on my shoulders and I see how hard it really is. After putting so much hard work into coding something, you want it to be the best it can be. Hopefully I'll accomplish that with the finished Climber 5. I'm adding new features that were suggested from the very first prototype posting and I hope everyone likes them. Placing one of these submissions on the finished cart will be Climber's crowning glory.

Again, thank all of you for your time and talent. It is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Krisjohn - go to www.google.com, click on Images, and then do a search for baseball. You should find plenty of baseballs you can use for reference.

Where do you think I got the cork from? :D

When I say I can't draw I mean at all. I do photography stuff and some CGI, but I can't draw.

That said, I found a bunch of baseballs in a "Dog Balls" bin at the swapmeet this morning, so I have a couple if I can workout how to stage them.

Archived