Keystone Kapers II Found

128 replies to this topic

#126 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

As Above

• 19,102 posts
  • So Below

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:14 AM

As I understand it, the AA store uses re-purposed shells.

Not anymore. AtariAge has been using brand new injection molded 2600 shells for the last while. Perhaps doing both but I know for sure Al has brand new shells now.

#127 AtariLeaf ONLINE  

AtariLeaf

Epic Godlike Canadian

• 11,314 posts

Posted Wed Nov 7, 2018 6:18 AM

I knew they were working on it, didn't know they were there yet, thanks Shawn :)

#128 PingvinBlueJeans OFFLINE  

PingvinBlueJeans

River Patroller

• 4,357 posts
  • Eat It

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:22 PM

Regarding those unknown Activision games, they look to me like ones that were done by the Boston Design Center which was opened about a year after we started the Activision's Eastern Design Center.  That group worked on a number of games that didn't make the "Activision" quality cut.  I'll try to dig up the names of the programmer who were part of that center.

I believe the "Gang of Five" programmers who left Parker Brothers for Activision (Rex Bradford, Mike Brodie, Charlie Heath, Dave Lamkins & Jim McGinnis) all worked there. I talked to Rex Bradford several years back and think I showed him some screenshots of the two unknown Activision protos, but I can't be certain. If you're in contact with those guys, hopefully one of them knows something. It would not surprise me if both of those games were done in Boston. It's my understanding that nothing being developed there was ever published (much like the Western Technologies satellite office in Florida).
  • jhd likes this

#129 TikiDan OFFLINE  

TikiDan

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:08 PM

The only game that was ever truly finished from the BDC (Boston Design Center) was Kabobber by Rex Bradford.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users