IGNORED

Best/worst game with a monkey or ape in it?

Agreed, original arcade Amidar is something I still like to play... 2600 Amidar on the other hand, has always been somewhat of an abomination :lol:

As for me I don’t know if this counts but when I think of monkey in an old game I think of Bandai’s Monkey Business.. an LCD game that cane in both handheld and watch form. I only had the watch but it was good fun :P

• Like 1

Did Coleco replace the dancing go-go girls with a dancing monkey in the Colecovision version of Tapper?! :-o I have never played that version, so it was total news to me.

Yep, and it's a good version of Tapper.

I've always hated those apes in CV Tarzan, and their AI today isn't much better.

Besides the stiff controls, Tarzan is one of the best looking games on CV. Those apes are pricks, but it's hilarious to punch them off the tree or into water!

Here are a few more arcade games with monkeys/apes.

Boggy '84 - monkeys in all the stages

Fantasy - Giant gorillas on the third stage.

Jumping Jack - monkeys jumping on the platforms

Jump Coaster - monkeys riding the coasters

Pioneer Ballon - giant gorillas in one of the later sections.

Edited by Ramses

I was almost certain that Mobygames would have a list too, just that I couldn't find it until now:

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/animals-primates-monkeys-or-apes-

Personally I'm most fascinated with the damsel in distress on the cover of Monkey Bizness for the ZX Spectrum. What happened to her feet, are those frog legs?

92572-monkey-bizness-zx-spectrum-front-c

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

I've been playing a lot of old arcade games via MAME lately. So. Many. Monkeys. :lol:

Someone mentioned Zoo Keeper. I LOVE THIS GAME. It's a great game with some of the most insane sounds ever to come out of an arcade cabinet's speakers.

Amidar is another previously mentioned game; I suck at it but like it at the same time. The home ports are hot garbage though.

Did anyone mention Son Son? That's another one based on the Journey to the West and stars a monkey kid. Fun game too!

• Like 1