IGNORED

5200 OE HSC challenge 08/2018 Joust

zylon

Our game for August is Joust. Play on Advanced setting, using real cart or ROM from a real one. Use only Atari mfg controls and real 5200 systems. Modern flashcarts/SD loaders allowed. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Game ends when the month does.

Current HSC record: Bust if for a bonus point!

(Advanced)
Cafeman 485,950

Final scores:

351,850 Cafeman +11

178,650 sdamon +10

152,100 MrTrust +9

23,050 zylon +8

Standings:
sdamon - 42
zylon - 39
Hank Rearden - 25
jnice - 22
SINGLE TOOTH - 11
peedenmark7 - 10
Northcoastgamer - 9
phuzaxeman - 8
IICCEEMMAANN - 6

Joust.BIN

Edited by zylon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I was going to participate more here and there when possible with the OE crowd, but when my Pole Position time was given to Hank I said that's enough of that. :P

A simple PM would've fixed that. Anyways, I've since done so. Have yourself a right cheerful evenin' :)

Sorry, that damned CX-52 just isn't up to extended flapping! :lolblue: Well, at least not for me anyway, clearly your digits are up to the challenge!

Nope, my hand was cramping bad on last play. I need to glue some foil to my working CX52 buttons. But Id rather use a Genesis pad and master play interface. ?

Tried again and did a little better, but nowhere near enough to get Cafeman excited: 178,650

Why on earth did Atari go with such fragile, lousy-feeling, cramp-inducing fire buttons? Just because Mattel had side-mounted buttons was no reason for them to do the same! At least they didnt imitate that ridiculous disc.

post-2092-0-59267000-1535723487_thumb.jpeg

August closes with Cafeman taking this month's challenge game. :thumbsup: for also showing sportsmanship. I love this game, but just aint any good, lol. I've also been busy with a lot of "on-site" welding lately and well, the last thing I want to see after that is more flashy things.

Hasn't been any suggestions, so we'll see what I dig up...

Thanks to those who play. :)

Final scores:
351,850 Cafeman +11
178,650 sdamon +10
152,100 MrTrust +9
23,050 zylon +8