IGNORED

Brand new Value?

Hypothetical question. I will say you what Falcon costed in Germany around fall of 1992 - when it finally arrived in shops (after some delay) :

2600 DEM version with 60 MB hard disk.

That would be in today's value, taking inflation in account about 2500-3000 $ . So. still cheaper now. But as time goes, and will be less and less working machines, old price will be surpassed for sure.

Removing the computer from the box and the plastic wrap takes away all believability that it is "BRAND NEW".

I paid around $1,200 for a loose Falcon (not upgraded), so a USED boxed one complete like that should bring around $1,600 to maybe $2,000.

Actually, it is even worse if some electronic device was not used at all over decades. Electrolyth capacitors just don't like it. I would not even power on that "brand new", 25-6 years old Falcon without replacing capacitors first - because it may go worse and damage some other components.

Of course, sellers don't care for it, they just want some good sounding argument.

That's true, but some collectors might care much more about the cosmetic condition than about the functionality.

I don't think shrink wrapped or not is very important. Shrink wrapped doesn't mean it comes like that from factory, and collectors know that very well. If the OP can find collectors ready to pay the premium for a boxed brand new unit, and if you can convince them it is brand new indeed, then you might be able to fetch a high price.

Edited by ijor

Yeah, that's the seller tactic, invented 4000 years ago: at start ask some extra high price - everyone will complain, but who cares. Some dude even can pay it - if you are very lucky. After some time, there will be those who like to negotiate - and then you will give it for (much) less. And everybody will be happy. I mean everybody of 2 people involved :-D Some other people may wait for decent seller.