Photo

ROM Set for TI99Sim?

54 replies to this topic

#51 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,367 posts

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 PM

Ok once i switch menus I get TI99/4A click on anything to configure it and next thing I know I have a different Computer loaded or none at all?

Or a list of Cart but no machine selected?

And Tab with Scroll Lock on just rotates from first menu to middle to image.

I can not get anywhere out of Cartridges, no disks option ???

Why does it keep changing my TI99/4A to something else once I try to configure it?

#52 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Moonsweeper

• 307 posts

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:12 PM

I'd suggest you copy my batch file earlier in the thread and use it as a starting point for launching MAME.  Here's the reason:  If you just start mame64 and run the TI 99/4A, it doesn't have anything attached to its PEB (no disk, no memory expansion, nothing) - so the option to mount a disk into a disk drive is not presented to you. 

If you use the batch file I have above, it plugs in a 32K memory expansion, a TI disk controller card, and a speech synthesizer (or in the case of the 99/8, it attaches the hex bus disk controller).  Then, you'll get the option to mount something into a disk.  

If you can't get it to work that way, I can go one step further and zip up the entire contents of my C:\mame0198 directory, which will have everything already configured the way I use it, along with the ti99.bat file that gives you the menu.  All the carts will be in there, some of the disk images I have and maybe even a cassette - I can't remember exactly what all is in there.  

#53 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,367 posts

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 PM

OMG carts is there but doing like your video does MAME refuses to see it, it is not on list???? WTF?

I am looking right at folder and clearly there it is but MAME just does not see it?

Edited by RXB, Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:24 PM.

#54 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Moonsweeper

• 307 posts

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 PM

OMG carts is there but doing like your video does MAME refuses to see it, it is not on list???? WTF?

I am looking right at folder and clearly there it is but MAME just does not see it?

What I did in the MAME UI just adds an entry into the config file.  That file is just mame.cfg in the directory where you unzipped mame to (in my case, c:\mame0198\mame.cfg).  If you double-click this file and open it with Notepad, the line that you want to look for is rompath (it's right near the very top of the file.) 

This is what mine has:

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
homepath                  .

rompath                   roms;C:\mame0198\carts

If that directory path is not added to the end after roms - just add it in there and try again.  (I'd close MAME first before editing this file just to make sure your the config file doesn't change out from underneath you.

#55 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 3,367 posts

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 PM

LOL see!

Unknown things I did not know so just creates more frustrations.

Thanks will do that! 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users