Photo

Scramble (5200 Conversion)

102 replies to this topic

#101 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

River Patroller

• 2,544 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:19 AM

Just for fun I loaded Scramble onto my XEGS. Unfortunately I lack the keyboard, so I'm currently stuck with default options, and I understand that asking for support of the Select and Option buttons might be asking for too much.

Since it has been clarified that the Atari computers are immune to any side effects from Sega gamepads, I suppose I could use it as well in order to drop bombs, which otherwise is impossible on a XEGS setup like mine.

Uh, the default setting lets you fire AND drop bombs at the same time.

I’ve been plating like that units I received a cheap Megadrive compatibel pad controller......but it sucks balls and to be honest.....the combined firing/bombing isn’t bad at all.....

#102 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 7,884 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:21 AM

Not on the XEX downloaded from Fandal. Perhaps one of the two (?) versions in this thread has other default settings.

#103 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

River Patroller

• 2,544 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 PM

Uh....OK, you have to press the number 6 key one time on both versions to set Trigger 1 to BOTH....and indeed that's a bit hard with a XEGS without keyboard....

sorry...I thought it was the default setting on at least one version.

But in honor of it's creator, you should play the version he released....and that is also the only version that supports a Megadrive double button input....

Edited by Level42, Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users