Photo

Heads up: New High Quality Mini Arcade Pac Man Coming Soon

3 replies to this topic

#1 swlovinist OFFLINE  

swlovinist

River Patroller

• 2,221 posts

Posted Tue Aug 7, 2018 1:01 PM

Just wanted to post here to let collectors know.  Available for pre order now.  Not going to be for everyone but looks like a decent product.  

• Official BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment licensed product: 1/4 scale playable replica of the original 1980s PAC-MAN arcade cabinet
  • Quarter Arcades #1: First of the series – collect them all to build your own miniature arcade!
  • Releasing as a ‘Collectors Edition’: Limited to only 10,000 units!
  • Includes exclusive ‘PAC-MAN’ coin and ‘Collectors Edition’ packaging: - once they’re gone, they’re gone
  • Realistic replica: Everything from the artwork, shape, wooden shell and buttons are precise replicas
  • High-quality: Made for durability, playability, and portability, playing the original arcade ROM

You can pre order here:  http://www.numskull....arcade-cabinet/

I did a video on it and show some media images and videos provided.  

#2 Zoyous OFFLINE  

Zoyous

Space Invader

• 39 posts

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 PM

Man... if this thing was about half the price (it's £149) I would be powerless to keep from buying it and the subsequent ones. It looks really cool.

#3 Cynicaster OFFLINE  

Cynicaster

River Patroller

• 2,468 posts

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Cool novelty item; the attention to detail and build quality is nice, but I always have to wonder if these miniaturized nostalgia products are even playable.  On this one, I suppose you try to grasp a tiny joystick between your thumb and forefinger?  Is my palm going to keep hitting the edge of the "cabinet?"  Am I going to constantly be making control mistakes because of this?  Will it cramp my adult hands after 2 minutes?  

Or maybe these things are just primarily meant to be shelf-queen collector's items and I'm missing the point entirely?  

#4 negative1 OFFLINE  

negative1

Moonsweeper

• 446 posts

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:56 PM

Cool novelty item; the attention to detail and build quality is nice, but I always have to wonder if these miniaturized nostalgia products are even playable.  On this one, I suppose you try to grasp a tiny joystick between your thumb and forefinger?  Is my palm going to keep hitting the edge of the "cabinet?"  Am I going to constantly be making control mistakes because of this?  Will it cramp my adult hands after 2 minutes?  

Or maybe these things are just primarily meant to be shelf-queen collector's items and I'm missing the point entirely?  

I think they're mostly collectors items.

We are discussing those, and the other miniature arcade players over here:

http://atariage.com/...e-alert/page-27

later

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users