IGNORED

1088XEL 80 COL mode?

massiverobot

How can you force the 1088XEL into 80 col mode? I swear at one point I had it in 80 col but I can't find any mention of that around here or in any doc that I've read.

The 1088XEL doesn’t have any more video modes than any standard XL or XE computer. SpartaDOS X has a software-rendered 80 column driver that can be enabled that looks fairly decent with an S-video display. And if you’ve got a VBXE board installed, you have access to all the fancy video modes it provides.

But for a “stock” 1088XEL, there’s just the 80 column driver for SDX which has to be set in your CONFIG.SYS file or set manually after loading the driver.

• Like 1

But for a “stock” 1088XEL, there’s just the 80 column driver for SDX which has to be set in your CONFIG.SYS file or set manually after loading the driver.

Ok thanks, I saw that but wasn't sure if it could be used on the raw hardware. I'll check it out. I must have seen that mode - it was pretty bad on the composite out but decent on the DVI/LCD panel.