IGNORED

Gunstar Heroes and Sunset Riders...so good...

DTL Presents

You're being kind. None of it makes sense to me.

NES owners must be ditching the popular titles such as Super Mario Bros., Zelda and Punch-Out for the fine wine of Menace Beach, Kid Klown in Night Mayor World and Wacky Races because the latter are way pricier. Not knocking Konami on the Genesis. Of course it's good stuff and that is partially why those games are going up in price. But that was an awful argument.

Yeah, rare is rare. Doesn't matter if it's good. If it's rare, there will be a market for it. The fact that they're good might make them MORE desirable, I guess, but if there were 8 millions copies of the games sold, they'd be $3 a piece.

• Like 1

I'd also argue that people aren't playing non-Konami Genesis games anymore because...I literally see Youtubers and Twitch streamers play those games everyday. Sonic, Shining, Ecco, Streets of Rage, Comix Zone, Ristar, Pulstar, Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, ThunderForce etc. Those same games and others being regularly talked about in gaming circles over the internet too, just like the Konami stuff (in some cases, actually more than the Konami stuff). What you're saying only really applies to the licensed sports games of that period, but the same can be said of licensed sports games for EVERY old system so no reason to single out the Genesis there :/.

But Joe Montana's football!

Especially when you are horrible at it but something about the game makes you want to keep playing. Can't say that about every sport game, or even every game. I still have a bad taste too in my mouth when Sega's Hardcore fans started the whole bullying with "our games have blood and yours don't." Now it's like seriously what? Do people still talk about asinine things like that? It's funny how ridiculous we were and how we thought ridiculous things mattered back then and today no one cares. But Sega made a heck of a lot of creative minded games and so did Nintendo. Seems like Sega making a backwards compatibility for the Game Gear games would have made a lot more sense than the 32X and the Sega CD. But yeah I would like to play some of those games but I have pretty much outgrown all of them. I didn't get much of a chance back in the day to play them. But the game has to be super super good and classic for me to want to play it. But playing those games make you feel like you are locked in the 1990s.

But Joe Montana's football!

Especially when you are horrible at it but something about the game makes you want to keep playing. Can't say that about every sport game, or even every game. I still have a bad taste too in my mouth when Sega's Hardcore fans started the whole bullying with "our games have blood and yours don't." Now it's like seriously what? Do people still talk about asinine things like that? It's funny how ridiculous we were and how we thought ridiculous things mattered back then and today no one cares. But Sega made a heck of a lot of creative minded games and so did Nintendo. Seems like Sega making a backwards compatibility for the Game Gear games would have made a lot more sense than the 32X and the Sega CD. But yeah I would like to play some of those games but I have pretty much outgrown all of them. I didn't get much of a chance back in the day to play them. But the game has to be super super good and classic for me to want to play it. But playing those games make you feel like you are locked in the 1990s.

Well, keep in mind part of the reason Sega fans did that was b/c Nintendo literally got into bed with Joe Libermann. You know, the pre-Jack Thompson "games are making our kids into violent mass murderers" politician archetype. They were basically what forced Sega to form what we know of today as the ESRB. So, it's not like that happened in a vacuum.

I dunno if MegaDirve back-compat w/ Game Gear would've done much of an impact; SNES had the Super Gameboy thing and that wasn't much of a dent there. Guess there just wasn't a big incentive in playing low-resolution 8-bit handheld games on large-screen CRTs back then. Maybe if they had some link-up mode stuff the way Gamecube + GBA eventually did years later, hook up a Game Gear to your Genesis play Sonic on the Genesis and download a special "Game Gear" version to the GG's internal flash for on-the-go gaming that way you wouldn't need to buy the GG version in the store if you already had the Genesis version at home, and extra game modes utilizing GG > Genesis connectivity. Maybe that could've led to something and helped explore that concept faster, which would've benefited not just Sega but Nintendo as well.

You can play retro games without feeling stuck to back then, just do it in moderation like anything else in life. I'm forced to play mainly retros atm by choice but eventually once I upgrade my PC or get a modern gaming system I'll definitely be playing modern games more alongside those. They all have their purposes imho.

Edited by 00010000

Well 0001 perhaps the best line in Landstalker is that guy who you meet that tells you never give your heart to a woman! Maybe what he meant was never give your blue plastic gun to Joe Lieberman. Ok bad joke.
So Joe Lieberman paid off by Nintendo? Well I believe Joe Lieberman probably thought that hot blonde in Night Trap was attractive.

It's funny Meghan Kelly thinks FortNight is the only shooter that kids today play. Well Meghan Kelly has never heard of gunstar heroes! Or sunset riders. Or metal slug. Also Metal slug has pretty much the only voice acting that I can stomach or tolerate in a game. "Rocket Lawncher!" I don't know why Metal slug doesn't get more props. With or without the blood. I like Metal Slug without the blood. To me a good name for the Sega Genesis should have been cabin fever.

I like Metal slug better though. I'm not a twitch gamer.