IGNORED

Finally scored a Jag, but now a question

matthew954

The must-haves. I wrote this list a long time ago (now edited a little), and tried to be as objective as it's possible to be. Still think it's more or less true (added now one new game to the list since the standing ovation the new revamp Atari classic got). With this games in your collection you're in! ;)

The big-five carts, that *everyone* consider essential (eiter: good game/and-or collector hot item):
-Tempest 2000
-Alien vs Predator
-Doom
-Super burnout
-Iron soldier
Jag CD:
-Battlemorph
-Hover strike CD
-World tour racing
-Iron soldier 2
Best platform:
-Rayman
Best shmup:
-Raiden
(maybe Zero 5 and Defenders 2000 too)
Best fighter:
-Ultra vortek
Also essential racer:
-Atari Karts
Sports:
-NBA Jam
-Brutal sports football
System's Holy grail/Unicorn:
-Battlesphere (to a lot of people anyway)
Late release/homebrew top-notch titles:
-Another world
-Protector SE + Protector Resurgence CD
-Skyhammer
-Rebooteroids
Edited by Atlantis

One of the games I've been eyeing up is Astrostorm from the AA store. As far as overlays, are they required for all of the games? I've only found scans of a couple of the games here at AA. Is there any way of finding scans of the rest? Most of the auctions at eBay, and the items for sale at Amazon and Lukie Games don't usually come with the overlays with the cart. I can live without a box, but I'd like the overlays. Playing my 5200 games are somewhat annoying since i don't have any overlays for them.

• Like 1

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Wolfenstein 3D as a must-have for the jaguar. It has higher resolution graphics than virtually every other version, an overhead map Doom, *and* the addition of both a Flamethrower and Rocket Launcher! The frame rate is very smooth as well. It is a major inprovement from the PC version.

Really, my only complaint is that there is no way for analog control on the jaguar.

As far as cheap games, since you mentioned Checkered Flag, you can get that for fairly cheap as well as Club Drive. Iron Soldier is great and can be had for $20 CIB depending where you look. Just search around on ebay for Jaguar game lots and you'll probably find a few for decent prices.

if you have to spend some decent money on a game, definitely go for Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Skyhammer.

Well I broke down and bought a copy of Checkered Flag on eBay. I found an auction that had the cart and the manual for $12. I figured it was a bit better deal since the carts seem to go for the same price with only the cart. I've got my eye on a Hover Strike cart next. I figure I can scoop up some of the cheaper carts first. Build up some of a Jag collection.

Well I broke down and bought a copy of Checkered Flag on eBay. I found an auction that had the cart and the manual for $12. I figured it was a bit better deal since the carts seem to go for the same price with only the cart. I've got my eye on a Hover Strike cart next. I figure I can scoop up some of the cheaper carts first. Build up some of a Jag collection.

Not a bad price but the game is broken out of the box. :P

• Like 2