Photo

AtariAge at the 2018 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

24 replies to this topic

#1 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,869 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 5:31 PM

It's time to start talking about this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo!  AtariAge will be back this year with a large booth and a bunch of new games for the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 and Jaguar!  We should have over 20 game systems setup in the booth with demos of new games, as well as demos of games currently in development but not quite ready for release. 

The Portland Retro Gaming Expo is probably the largest retro gaming event in the country!  So much to do in three days, you'll never be bored!  Tons of vendors with a large variety of classic games, consoles and other merchandise, many great talks and roundtables, tournaments, cosplay, trading, museum, huge freeplay arcade, video game auction, and more!  

Hope to see many members from AtariAge at the show!  Please stop by the booth and say hello if you're at the show!   We're going to make AtariAge badges this year as well

We'll post details about new games and demos as we get closer to the show. 

If you plan on attending the show, please post up!  :D 

..Al

#2 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,682 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:35 PM

Awesome news, Al! I will be there!  Already have flights and hotel done.

#3 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 12,103 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 AM

Looking forward to seeing you again this year Al. We have a big Intellivision booth and there will be many Inty nerds eating Voodoo donuts there for the three days I suspect.

#4 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,363 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 AM

The wife and I will be in attendance this year! Pretty jazzed about it! I wish we could afford to do it each year.

#5 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 PM

Looking forward to seeing you again this year Al. We have a big Intellivision booth and there will be many Inty nerds eating Voodoo donuts there for the three days I suspect.

Great, look forward to seeing you and the big Intellivision booth!!  Mmmmm we have a Voodoo donuts here as well.  :) 

#6 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 PM

The wife and I will be in attendance this year! Pretty jazzed about it! I wish we could afford to do it each year.

That's great news!  :D

#7 Wonder007 OFFLINE  

Wonder007

River Patroller

• 2,802 posts
  • There's the truth, and then, there is the TRUTH.

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 PM

I'll be there again this year with my son. Definitely the highlight of my year. And, the wedding anniversary and my kids' birthdays. 👍

#8 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:10 PM

I'll be there again this year with my son. Definitely the highlight of my year. And, the wedding anniversary and my kids' birthdays.

Look forward to seeing you and your son again!  :) 

..Al

#9 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 891 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:37 AM

Me and my girl will be there again this year, lookin' forward to droppin' by the booth!

#10 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:56 PM

Great, look forward to seeing you there!

#11 LaserCat OFFLINE  

LaserCat

Chopper Commander

• 151 posts

Posted Sun Sep 2, 2018 10:12 AM

The most desirable con to go to and I'm 2857.1 miles away.icon_angry.gif

Edited by LaserCat, Sun Sep 2, 2018 10:13 AM.

#12 johnnywc ONLINE  

johnnywc

Stargunner

• 1,941 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:23 AM

My brother and I will be there, it will be good to see you again Al!

#13 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2018 6:24 AM

My brother and I will be there, it will be good to see you again Al!

That's excellent news!  Look forward to seeing both of you!  

..Al

#14 Eltigro ONLINE  

Eltigro

River Patroller

• 2,342 posts

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:23 PM

It'll be my first time going to PRGE and my first time to the NorthWest in general.  Will only be there Saturday, but looking forward to visiting the AtariAge booth!

#15 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 PM

It'll be my first time going to PRGE and my first time to the NorthWest in general.  Will only be there Saturday, but looking forward to visiting the AtariAge booth!

I'm sure you'll have a blast!  Portland is a great city, and the Portland Retro Gaming Expo can't really be beat in terms of a classic gaming event.  So much to do, so many great speakers, the huge arcade, enormous vendor hall, and more.  :D 

..Al

#16 Eltigro ONLINE  

Eltigro

River Patroller

• 2,342 posts

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 AM

Thanks Al.  Any suggestions on things to do in Portland before the Expo?  I've been looking and the only things I'm sure I want to see/visit are Powell's Books, Ground Kontrol arcade, and Voodoo Donuts.  Any favorite restaurants or shops?  Anything that's not on all those tripadvisor lists and stuff?  lol

#17 Chuck D. Head OFFLINE  

Chuck D. Head

River Patroller

• 3,496 posts
  • Facilitator of the Infinite

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 PM

I will be there as always!!

#18 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,869 posts

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:16 AM

Thanks Al.  Any suggestions on things to do in Portland before the Expo?  I've been looking and the only things I'm sure I want to see/visit are Powell's Books, Ground Kontrol arcade, and Voodoo Donuts.  Any favorite restaurants or shops?  Anything that's not on all those tripadvisor lists and stuff?  lol

We'll need a Portland local to suggest some places to visit.  I've been to Powell's, Ground Kontrol and Voodoo Donuts, lol.  Most of my time when I'm in Portland is related to setting up the AtariAge booth over two days, manning the booth Saturday and Sunday, and then heading back home on Monday.  :D 

..Al

#19 Omega Race OFFLINE  

Omega Race

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:37 PM

Portland has a great Art Museum, and if you don't mind coming out to Beaverton, there is Retro Game Trader.  I'd suggest Saturday Market, but it takes place Saturday and Sunday during the expo! icon_biggrin.gif   Really Powell's books is the main thing you don't want to miss.

#20 KaeruYojimbo OFFLINE  

KaeruYojimbo

Stargunner

• 1,678 posts

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 AM

Blackbird Pizza is pretty good and has a pinball room upstairs. If you go to Powell's, Billy Galaxy's toy store is right down the street (he usually has a booth at PRGE, but there's more stuff at the store).

#21 Muddyfunster ONLINE  

Muddyfunster

Chopper Commander

• 120 posts

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:48 PM

I would love to come for this, but for me, it is quite literally the other side of the world :(

#22 CharonPDX ONLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 115 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 PM

Supposed to be good weather this weekend (rare for October!) so if you're looking for other things to do, the zoo, International Rose Test Garden, Japanese Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden are all good close-in, outdoorsey things to visit. All accessible by light rail or bus. If you're unlike me and like to stay in shape, plenty of good walking trails around town. Back when I worked downtown, I'd do a loop of the waterfront at lunch. (The "Waterfront park" downtown side, cross the Hawthorne Bridge, take "Vera Katz Esplanade" North along/on the water on the East side to the Steel Bridge (the one closest to the Convention Center,) then back.)

#23 azure OFFLINE  

azure

Space Invader

• 33 posts
  • Busy.

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 PM

Does anyone know if there will be live streaming at the PRGE?

#24 Muddyfunster ONLINE  

Muddyfunster

Chopper Commander

• 120 posts

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:23 AM

any pictures from the show ?

#25 Eltigro ONLINE  

Eltigro

River Patroller

• 2,342 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:36 PM

any pictures from the show ?

Not sure if you saw this already, but there's a page dedicated to PRGE2018 that has quite a few pics in it.  http://atariage.com/...ro-gaming-expo/

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users