Photo

FC.COM in the SDX user area

2 replies to this topic

#1 morelenmir OFFLINE  

morelenmir

Stargunner

• 1,511 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:09 PM

The 'FC.COM' application is used to set up the 'cores' of the VBXE. As such it would be very handy if it could live within the SDX user area rather than having to stay on the emulated hard drive. Unfortunately at 10kB it is just too big to do so.

Would it be at all possible to use the '*.OVL' method--in the same way 'FDISK.COM' has been broken down in to bitesize pieces--to get around this problem?

#2 flashjazzcat OFFLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,677 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 AM

If the author of FC.COM could be persuaded to do so, yes. But given the fact you need a disk to hold the VBXE core binaries, it doesn't seem a major inconvenience to first load the flashing tool from the same disk (although if you're simply switching between existing cores, I guess this does not apply).

Edited by flashjazzcat, Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 AM.

#3 morelenmir OFFLINE  

morelenmir

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,511 posts

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 PM

If the author of FC.COM could be persuaded to do so, yes. But given the fact you need a disk to hold the VBXE core binaries, it doesn't seem a major inconvenience to first load the flashing tool from the same disk (although if you're simply switching between existing cores, I guess this does not apply).

That is pretty much the scenario I am envisioning FJC--being inside SDX, say and deciding you want the next boot up to be with the FX core without Rambo emulation (so a base 130XE in my case possessing its inherent bank-switching). Then using FC.COM to switch to this config and reboot and away you go.

I guess copying FC.COM to a 'Tools' or 'UTILS' folder is not the biggest deal in the world. but given SDX has that space set aside for the user to customize it seems a real shame ii just is too large to be written there.

Was it 'Electron' who wrote the app?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users