A New Marauder

5 replies to this topic

#1 scobb OFFLINE  

scobb

Moonsweeper

• 332 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:51 PM

This is up on eBay now.

I loved the original.  Anyone have this?  If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks

#2 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,140 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 PM

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original as it really expands on it so much it practically is a different game. However, I believe you can still buy the game from the original producers by writing them and asking for it. It wouldn't be one of the original 50 numbered copies..but it would cost less than this ebay auction..

http://morework.com....e/anm-buy-en-us

That description is poor for the game as well. It is more than just a sequel like I said. The game changes mazes each time you power cycle the Atari. There are different monsters and monster behavior in each. Only the 3rd level that plays like a side scrolling shooter of sorts is weak compared to the other game levels. Still they did an incredible job revamping the old Tigervision original.

#3 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Stargunner

• 1,819 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 PM

This is up on eBay now.

I loved the original.  Anyone have this?  If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original as it really expands on it so much it practically is a different game. However, I believe you can still buy the game from the original producers by writing them and asking for it. It wouldn't be one of the original 50 numbered copies..but it would cost less than this ebay auction..

http://morework.com....e/anm-buy-en-us

That description is poor for the game as well. It is more than just a sequel like I said. The game changes mazes each time you power cycle the Atari. There are different monsters and monster behavior in each. Only the 3rd level that plays like a side scrolling shooter of sorts is weak compared to the other game levels. Still they did an incredible job revamping the old Tigervision original.

Hopefully they're cheaper now, but when I got one of the last few copies, after the thread-based sales, they charged me $85 for it, total. Although, Good deal games sometimes does the same kind of thing when they get down to the last 1-2 copies.

#4 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,140 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:20 PM

I'm pretty sure I paid the price they were originally selling them for on Ebay which was about $60 with shipping. 

Well I guess it was close to $80 when I bought it as I have #41 of the initial 50 that were released. And the game was about $55 but it looks like I paid nearly $27 for shipping if my PayPal transaction is to be believed.

#5 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,372 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:40 PM

Wow, did we pay that much for these?  I have #32 and its a great game! :thumbsup:

#6 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Dragonstomper

• 543 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 AM

I bought in the second run of these and yes it was in the $80 range after shipping. I don't know that it is worth quite that much, and I haven't had a chance to put a lot of time into it. The package itself it top notch! The cart shell and art is also top notch.  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users