IGNORED

A New Marauder

scobb

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original as it really expands on it so much it practically is a different game. However, I believe you can still buy the game from the original producers by writing them and asking for it. It wouldn't be one of the original 50 numbered copies..but it would cost less than this ebay auction..

http://morework.com.br/site/anm-buy-en-us

That description is poor for the game as well. It is more than just a sequel like I said. The game changes mazes each time you power cycle the Atari. There are different monsters and monster behavior in each. Only the 3rd level that plays like a side scrolling shooter of sorts is weak compared to the other game levels. Still they did an incredible job revamping the old Tigervision original.

• Like 1

This is up on eBay now.

I loved the original. Anyone have this? If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the original as it really expands on it so much it practically is a different game. However, I believe you can still buy the game from the original producers by writing them and asking for it. It wouldn't be one of the original 50 numbered copies..but it would cost less than this ebay auction..

http://morework.com.br/site/anm-buy-en-us

That description is poor for the game as well. It is more than just a sequel like I said. The game changes mazes each time you power cycle the Atari. There are different monsters and monster behavior in each. Only the 3rd level that plays like a side scrolling shooter of sorts is weak compared to the other game levels. Still they did an incredible job revamping the old Tigervision original.

Hopefully they're cheaper now, but when I got one of the last few copies, after the thread-based sales, they charged me $85 for it, total. Although, Good deal games sometimes does the same kind of thing when they get down to the last 1-2 copies.

I'm pretty sure I paid the price they were originally selling them for on Ebay which was about $60 with shipping.

Well I guess it was close to $80 when I bought it as I have #41 of the initial 50 that were released. And the game was about $55 but it looks like I paid nearly $27 for shipping if my PayPal transaction is to be believed.

I bought in the second run of these and yes it was in the $80 range after shipping. I don't know that it is worth quite that much, and I haven't had a chance to put a lot of time into it. The package itself it top notch! The cart shell and art is also top notch.

• 3 years later...

Basic concept of the ORIGINAL MARAUDER GAME: Shoot the round orb in one of the rooms to finish the level. You can only see enemies who are within your line of sight There is also a temporary invincibility item you can pick up and walk through enemies.

Personally, I like the game. It's like Berzerk, but different and a bit more fun. Less clunky

The New version looks to be pretty much the same except tighter hallways which adds a much needed surprise element.

Edited by abrondino

On 3/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, abrondino said:

The New version looks to be pretty much the same except tighter hallways which adds a much needed surprise element.

Hi abrondino!

It was a big surprise to me that you found this thread about A New Marauder.
Some people still ask me for this game, which was released in 2015/2016, but it's sold out and I don't intend to make any more copies.
I really like the Marauder from 1982 and this was my tribute to this game.

The differences from one game to the next are:

- New colors and graphics
- Four different scenarios
- Enemies have distinct behavior and speed depending on each scenario
- Game starts with only one life
- Harder to solve mazes
- Harder to identify the enemies position
- Not all rooms are logically connected
- Limited access to Power Centers
- Secret Passages, Unpredictable Doors, Blackouts and Invisible Ships

You can see the game in this YouTube video:

And... if you want to see my new games, visit: [ www.zarkstars.com ] ??

Cheers!
Leandro Camara

• Like 1