IGNORED

Star Wars Arcade on the Gamecube played wirelessly w/ Dual Shock 3

ave1

Today I've managed to use adapters on my Gamecube to play the emulated arcade game from 1984 called Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with a Playstation 3 wireless controller. The presentation was made so this can be accomplished by anyone with a little time on their hands.

This was done using cellphone steering accessory that I hacked to use as a Dual Shock 3-compatible flight yoke, and it makes playing the game very similar to the control method employed in the actual arcade game.

The trick is to use a CronusMax Plus controller adapter with software modification for putting the Dual Shock 3 into Sixaxis motion controls mode. Once you've done that you'll be flying your ship on your Gamecube with the 1st ever flight yoke for the system.

Check it out here:

Edited by ave1
  • Like 1

Today I've managed to use adapters on my Gamecube to play the emulated arcade game from 1984 called Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with a Playstation 3 wireless controller. The presentation was made so this can be accomplished by anyone with a little time on their hands.

This was done using cellphone steering accessory that I hacked to use as a Dual Shock 3-compatible flight yoke, and it makes playing the game very similar to the control method employed in the actual arcade game.

The trick is to use a CronusMax Plus controller adapter with software modification for putting the Dual Shock 3 into Sixaxis motion controls mode. Once you've done that you'll be flying your ship on your Gamecube with the 1st ever flight yoke for the system.

I love these original SWA games!! These were my favorites when I was a teenager. This looks like a fun way to play them. Have you ever tried the Tilt Force 2 for playstation 2? It is wired, though, not wireless. I'm curious how they compare.

I do own the Tilt Force 2 and I believe it can be used on the Gamecube with a Playstation to Gamecube adapter. I've also tried to use it on 5200 Star Wars Arcade via two adapters (15 pin PC to 15 pin 5200 controller adapter and the Smartjoy Emulator Playstation to PC controller adapter), but it isn't compatible unless you connect a power supply to an additional adapter- the Speedlink PC to Playstation mouse adapter and connect everything up to a Playstation Multitap. It works fine that way on the 5200, but it's a major undertaking. I like the PS2 controller called the Tiltsense better because it works without requiring all the extra adapters. I showed that controller in action on the 5200 in Wired-up Retro #21. I don't own the wireless version of the Tiltsense, but it may indeed work as well.

Edited by ave1