Hi to all.
Finally after many pcb redesigns and 3 limited productions in China for developers, the last version of eclaireXL as
mini hardware is a reality. After a year and half with the parts and pcb's to wait in my closet, thanks to foft's help
it has been possible to built one here local in my house.
Its design and purpose isn't to stand on a mini PC or original Atari enclosure, but in a specialized box. I have plans
to built one in the near future, using as material the plexiglass or 3D print.
Starting this thread my intention is to share with you its existence through the photos, and not to start a preorder poll.
As it look in photos is a all in one implementation in the smaller possible form. To reduce the cost and the PCB dimension,
I have remove some not so useful / needed functions, which are located on its previous "big brothers".
So we not have here available the audio input, usb2pc serial connection, VGA/15khz Scart / Svideo output, and two other futures
(a oscillator and EDID ic's). The two last parts is only for development whenever it starts. |
What we have here is
1. Standard jack for power from a 5 volt PSU.
2. Classic Atari power switch
3. HDMI / DVI video output for monitors or TV's.
4. Ready placed connector with expansion port behind it, for future upgrade to VGA 31Khz, Scart / VGA 15Khz and Svideo outputs.
5. Stereo audio output.
6. 2x USB ports for peripherals like keyboard and joysticks.
7. SD card socket for OS and software. Very soon will be usable only to load software.
8. Classic Atari parallel port.
9. Classic Atari cartridge port.
10. 4 joystick ports from which two support paddles and Atari/Koala tablets.
11. Classic Atari SIO port.
12. JTAG connector for initial firmware programming, or if someone succeed to brick his hardware. Now is possible all the firmware
upgrades to be done within SD card.
13. Second 40 pin miniaturized expansion connector, for any future updates. This connector include all the remain pins of FPGA.
14. 1GB SDRAM which support all the known schemes of Atari memory upgrades.
15. And last but no least the heart who is the Cyclone V -CEBA2 (first version like the earlier eclaireXL models). Just for the history
is possible the placement of the bigger series FPGA -CEBA4, but this will increase the final cost.
I think all these features and the constant efforts to develop by the foft and others, plus what they have done so far,
are enough to keep it here worthily as the Atari most compatible hardware.
Ok enough with me. Enjoy the pictures.
Edited by santosp, Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:54 AM.