IGNORED

Oldie, moldy, basement goldies!

Omega-TI

We see a lot of game programs here on AtariAge, but practical or utility programs never seem to get much attention. With this in mind, do your remember one specific program you used quite a bit back in the day... sort of a killer app of it's time.

Post the program if you have it. I expect there might be a higher percentage of Extended BASIC programs but that is good too as a lot of those programs were improved by their users and might be very interesting to list out.

i used the hell out of DISKO. It was really the first sector editor I was exposed to. I was able to figure out how to put on disk protection with DISKO so the disk could not be copied or cataloged, but the data was still there.

I did this originally for my Tunnels of Doom game disks.

load and run DISKO via editor assembler option #3. Program Name = "START"

Disko.dsk

• Like 2

attachicon.gifSSSD.dsk

M-COPY

Places all FDR (File Descriptor Records) at the start of the disk, regardless of how many there are. Reduces head stepping of the drive.

I use this almost every day.

Sounds like a neat program, I've not had a reason to use my 3.5" DSK3 in over a year. Everything else, HxC, TIPI and FinalGROM all use SD cards now.

post-35324-0-96700100-1534357070.jpg