IGNORED

Lynx issues. Any ideas?

Stairre

Hey folks! I'm hoping someone on here can help lend some insight as to how I can repair my Lynx. Here is the issue:

When I power up the unit, it reads the TITLE screen clearly from any game I use, but then becomes scrambled after it tries to load the actual menu screen and/or game. See the attached pictures. It should also be noted that it was doing this BEFORE I replaced all of the capacitors, and have since done a full recap and absolutely NOTHING changed. The sound works and music plays when the main menu is loaded (but scrambled) and it even responds to the controls, but the center of the screen is shifted way over and half of the screen is scrambled. I'm fully aware of the dark lines in the LCD... I did a recap because I was hoping this would fix the issue and was going to do a McWill screen mod install, but since it's not reading games clearly, I don't want to waste all the time and money yet.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

post-65755-0-29007700-1535037977_thumb.jpg

post-65755-0-12201300-1535037986_thumb.jpg

@sirlynxalot Thanks so much for the reply. Definitely a good thought, but the ribbon cable looks pretty solid and I've had it out and back in a few times, so it seems to be lined up well too. Plus, I'd assume the main title screen would look the same if the ribbon cable was messed up? Still thinking on this one...

@karri Thanks for that info! While I'm a seasoned veteran at electronics repair, I'm brand new to the Lynx. Just by doing a quick google search for "Lynx Suzy" I was able to find a TON of info. I def appreciate that! So now the $1,000,000 question... Is there anyone still selling replacement Suzy's?? I'm going to snag up one of these nice little kits just to make sure my voltage is good and stays good for a long time - https://console5.com/store/atari-lynx-1-2-voltage-regulator-rebuild-refresh-kit-with-power-jack.html

But if it comes down to needing a new Suzy, I'm not coming up with really any options online as of yet...