Season 13 Schedule:
BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE JAGUAR HSC
- Rounds will last two weeks, starting and ending on Sundays.
- New players are welcome to join at any point!
- Only games with trackable scores will be played in the competition; Certain games that were a nuisance (like the scores appearing for only a split-second in Dino Dudes) have been left out completely.
- Season 11 begins on 8/26/18 and will last 12 rounds
- Some incentive to play? Provided I am not a complete broke-ass at the end of the Season, I will be providing at least the first-place player with a gift of some kind. If I'm doing well at the moment, possibly the top three players. In Season 1, Austin handed out a few online gift certificates to the top three players; In Season 2, he provided the top winner with a CIB Jaguar game to add to his collection; In Season 3, he handed out a few common titles from my personal gaming collection to two of the top winners. I plain on keep it alive for future Season.
RULES FOR PLAYERS
- Deadlines are firm (the Sunday night a round ends). However, that's not to say you shouldn't still submit a score if you miss the deadline. If you submit an entry after the round is over, you will still receive ONE participation point (the same amount of points as the lowest scoring players in any given round). For special bonus rounds, no participation points will be handed out if scores are not submitted by the deadline--these rounds are intended only for those who are constantly active in the Jaguar HSC.
- Any control method is fine. Custom Jag controllers (rotaries), Pro Controllers, and whatever else you can find are all fine. Anything goes as long as you're actually playing the game.
- Emulators ARE allowed, however, compatibility is rough at best at this point in time so it may be more trouble than it's worth (trust me!). Also, be sure to follow these basic rules if you decide to use emulation as a means of participation:A.) No save states; B.) No system-enhancing features (framerate or graphic enhancements that can boost or smooth the framerate); C.) If you find a game that runs much smoother an an emulator than original hardware, either figure out how to turn the boosting off, or use real hardware.
- Don't abuse bugs or farm points in any game. Abusing loopholes to get huge amounts of points without much work is unfair and against the rules
- Since we try to go on good faith here, screenshots are not necessary. However, it is still recommended you take a snapshot to ease any sort of doubt anyone may have. This is especially true if you manage a ridiculous, unbelievable score that the average person isn't likely to attain. I personally prefer that the highest scoring players include screenshots, and I reserve the right to disqualify a high score if things seem sketchy to me.
THE SCORING SYSTEM
For this Season , the method of scoring will be as following
Player 1 scores 56,930;
Player 2 scores 48,900;
Player 3 scores 12,029;
Player 5 scores 8,002;
Player 6 scores 534;
Player 1 receives 10 points;
Player 2 receives 8 points;
Player 3 receives 6 points;
Player 4 receives 4 point;
Player 5 receives 2 point;
Player 6 receives 1 point; etc.
TOP scoring players this season will not receive any extra points, as opposed to other season. With how the system is setup now, everything should even itself out throughout the course of the season.
THE SET SCHEDULE FOR SEASON 13
Revenge of The Mutant Camels
GAME MODES FOR SEASON 13
Tempest 2000 (11/27)
- Start from the very first web on Tempest 2000 mode (not Plus, and not Classic). Play until you Game Over.
Breakout 2000 (9/4)
- Start from the very first level in 2000 mode (not Classic). Play until you Game Over
- Pick 8 credits mode and play until you receive a Game Over.
- Start a new game from the beginning, pick Arcade (Single Player) and play until you receive a Game Over.
Remain game modes TBD at the start of the round