Photo

Coleco Adam: Error in E.O.S. Programmers Manual

8 replies to this topic

#1 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• 150 posts

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:27 AM

I don't see an option to delete the previous post which came out all @#$^%$. What I meant to say was if anyone is programming on the Adam in z80 and using EOS there is an error in the programmers manual and here is the correction:

Milli

#2 jaybird3rd OFFLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 9,095 posts
  • "Excuse me, sir? I have a question ..."

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 AM

I've deleted the other post.

#3 ed1475 OFFLINE  

ed1475

Dragonstomper

• 835 posts

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:32 AM

Good find!  I wonder if an error similar to that happened when Atarisoft programmed Defender. 

Defender only works right on a CV with standard controllers. If you use anything else the controls are messed up. That includes connecting a Roller Controller, Super Action controller, 3rd party controller, or Expansion Module #3 ADAM (or standalone ADAM).

#4 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:04 AM

Good find!  I wonder if an error similar to that happened when Atarisoft programmed Defender. 

Defender only works right on a CV with standard controllers. If you use anything else the controls are messed up. That includes connecting a Roller Controller, Super Action controller, 3rd party controller, or Expansion Module #3 ADAM (or standalone ADAM).

I'm not sure how OS 7 handles the controller (if it is different than EOS) but I don't think it would be the same case. Hardware wise they (CV and Adam) are the same at the controller level, the controller is on the CV board.

#5 tabachanker2 OFFLINE  

tabachanker2

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2018 7:17 PM

I believe that is also the explanation why in Smart Basic, all the pdl() functions return the 2nd controller data before the first one (0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14 are for controller #2 while 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 are for controller #1). The Smart Basic function eventually calls that EOS subroutine to get all the joystick data.

#6 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted Sat Sep 8, 2018 1:51 PM

I believe that is also the explanation why in Smart Basic, all the pdl() functions return the 2nd controller data before the first one (0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14 are for controller #2 while 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 are for controller #1). The Smart Basic function eventually calls that EOS subroutine to get all the joystick data.

You are correct

#7 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 9:56 PM

You know what would really be awesome is if someone added the corrections and posted the new version.

Or better yet post the old version.

#8 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,140 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 11:53 PM

You know what would really be awesome is if someone added the corrections and posted the new version.

Don't be shy... make the corrections and post away.

#9 Milli Vee OFFLINE  

Milli Vee

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 150 posts

Posted Mon Dec 3, 2018 5:50 AM

I added them to my manual :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users