IGNORED

Virtual Jaguar stability

Cyprian

Hi All

I have two version of Virtual Jaguar - 2.1.2 and GIT 2160613 for Windows. Both behave the same with attached Jaguar Developer's Sample Code.

When I insert data cartridge (COF file in attached archives), most of the time VJ's main window freeze, immediately close or just show garbage data.

Do you have any idea how to fix that? Maybe there is a newer version of VJ?

thanks

JAGMAND.zip

TESTRGB.zip

Edited by Cyprian_K

Hi All

I have two version of Virtual Jaguar - 2.1.2 and GIT 2160613 for Windows. Both behave the same with attached Jaguar Developer's Sample Code.

When I insert data cartridge (COF file in attached archives), most of the time VJ's main window freeze, immediately close or just show garbage data.

Do you have any idea how to fix that? Maybe there is a newer version of VJ?

thanks

I think those 2 you just named ARE the newest versions. There may be another I'm not sure.

Have you tried the Phoenix Project 3DO emulator? I cant get it to run a damn thing 3DO related, but it does actually run a LOT of Jaguar games that Virtual Jaguar does not. You will need a beefy system for best performance with Phoenix though.

@Jeffrey_Bones: I've checked a few applications (games, sample code) and the result was the same - Phoenix shows only black screen.

@doctorclu: I have the latest files from that site: http://virtualjaguar.kicks-ass.net/builds/

Yesterday I checked those sample codes on my real Jag. JagMand works fine but there is something wrong with TESTRGB. It shows a rainbow screen and it crash after a few seconds .

Both sample codes have strange resolution, its screen isn't centred vertically, there is a huge top border and there is a lack of bottom one. I compared it with Tempest and Worms, where a screen is nicely aligned.

Yesterday I checked those sample codes on my real Jag. JagMand works fine but there is something wrong with TESTRGB. It shows a rainbow screen and it crash after a few seconds .

Hi,

Have you checked your disassembly code? Hereafter a sample of what I'm able to see.

post-40826-0-18806900-1535487111_thumb.jpg

Nice finding Dilinger. Can you pls share your VJ debugger again (Windows binary)?

Shamus, cool. Thanks. Another thing I observed was a size of border in those examples. On the Jag the top border is much bigger than the bottom one, but in VJ they are almost the same. I'll take some photos an post it here later.